TheZombieGame.com Forums

Full Version: post apoc books?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
i'm about to run out of zed books to read.. any rec's on post apoc books i can swap over to?
I've been reading this guy's (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paolo_Bacigalupi) short story collection, and it's POST-post apocalyptic (as in rebuilding society after) and I'm finding them really good!

Note: I couldn't stand his full novel, Windup Girl.
i'll take a look, thanks!
I really liked Swan Song though similar to the Stand.

I haven't read these but I have been wanting to check them out: The Afterblight Chronicles

I have also heard good things about A World made by Hand

Unfortunately, I haven't been reading much recently but you may want to look into these.
thanks, i'll take a look!

the afterblight chron looks good.

I also found lucifers hammer.. a larry niven book, and 'the infection.

may have to dig these up
!
I'm a big fan of S.M. Sterlings emberverse series. Post apocalyptic world mankind has to build its self out of the ashes. But now there are no guns no combution no electrics. Every one will rebuild governments with the models of the past. between clans of the Brithish isles, city states of Italy, Or medieval warlords inspired by William the conquer. All this is happening in the American north west First book is amazing its called Dies the fire.
no guns eh?

seems unrealistic...
Well not possible yes I agree but for an apocaltic book and getting a feeling as to how the world crumbles and how things start to reform from the survivors it's a fun read and goes quickly also.
Reference URL's