TheZombieGame.com Forums

Full Version: Writer Looking for Help!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Yo! Glad to see so many zombie aficionados in one place! I'm really here trying to find some help. I have a book of satirical zombie stories ("The Half-Dead Chronicles" on Amazon), but I'm having trouble trying to figure out the marketing side of things. Although I realize that's not the point of these forums, I thought I'd give it a try and pick your brains...

Does anybody have thoughts on marketing a zombie book? (I usually hear about new books/movies/etc by word of mouth, but those people had to hear about it somewhere, right?) Where do you go to learn about the latest in zombie entertainment? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated! I value your expertise!

I'll put the book up for free tomorrow and the next day, Sept. 12-13 (http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00BH8LPN0/) so if you'd like to take a look, you can. It's usually $2.99, but if you're an Amazon Prime member, you can borrow it from the Kindle Library for free.

Thanks so much for your help!
Well, beyond what you just did here, I don't know. I guess another good idea would be to maybe upload a YouTube video of some sort. Maybe read a small passage from the book. Maybe even include cool sound effects and stuff. Try to post that in zombie forums and stuff like that. Might at least get a few people's attention. Though, maybe some of our other members can give you better ideas. Not exactly my forte.

Though, I must say that sounds like a cool idea. I may have to pick up the book for my Kindle.
Thanks so much for the ideas! I like the thought of putting something on YouTube. Maybe I can get some friends together to make a little book trailer - dress people up and put them in zombie makeup, with a book passage as narration. Thanks, and if you wind up reading the stories, I hope you enjoy them!
Reference URL's