TheZombieGame.com Forums

Full Version: New zombie overlord here
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Never quite sure what purpose these "hi" threads really serve but I'm new here and I mainly play the zombies because it is much more fun to trap and devour heroes than be them.

What I'd like to see from LNOE in the future:

- Scrapping zombie cards that discard cards from the hero deck. A really underwhelming ability and it actually helps the heroes since they can now pick that card from the discard. I'd rather have the ability to:

1) Remove cards from the game
2) Pollute the draw deck with either garbage or surprise attacks
3) Have some sort of remains in play that prevents the specific
keyed item being drawn (ex Flare gun in the hanger)

- More zombie types
- The ability to discard cards to increase spawn numbers
Basically it's a friendly gesture to introduce ones self to the other members.
Welcome to TZG.

OD
I love your idea of polluting the heroes' draw deck. Seeing you stick a zombie in there somewhere and then shuffle them up would make everyone pretty nervous about drawing. The only problem I see is that it would need the same back as the other hero cards so they don't see it sitting at the top of their deck. But then when it's on the top of the zombie deck, the zombie and human players will know that card is coming.

I know what you mean about the zombie cards that take cards off the deck. I think the designers realized this as well, which is why they marked the most significant one as "Play Immediately." In our games, the zombies usually have the advantage. Since the best strategy is usually to use all four cards every turn, it's only fair that there be some which backfire to balance out cards like Growing Hunger (which lets all zombies add a fight die until a hero is killed).

But it's your game, and if the zombies need a slight edge (or to counter a slight edge you want to throw the heroes' way), go for it.
Greetings ch82
I too would like to see more Zombie types!
More figures to paint for one!
I Can't wait for the Timber Peak expansion as there's the Feral Zombies and the Behemoth.
Are you using the Zombies with Grave Weapons? They can be a new nightmare for the Heroes...Zombie13
(09-24-2013 09:38 PM)samuraitrev Wrote: [ -> ]Greetings ch82
I Can't wait for the Timber Peak expansion as there's the Feral Zombies and the Behemoth.
Are you using the Zombies with Grave Weapons? They can be a new nightmare for the Heroes...Zombie13

The only thing that put me off of that expansion were cards with the sacrifice key word. I went with growing hunger instead since it came with new board tiles. I still may yet pick it up but might just go straight to blood in the forest.
(09-24-2013 10:16 PM)ch82 Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-24-2013 09:38 PM)samuraitrev Wrote: [ -> ]Greetings ch82

The only thing that put me off of that expansion were cards with the sacrifice key word. I went with growing hunger instead since it came with new board tiles. I still may yet pick it up but might just go straight to blood in the forest.

Oops! I meant Blood in the Forest I've already got Timber Peak.
Welcome to the boards. These types of threads really are just to give a quick hello and introduce yourself to the group. Not really mandatory, but it can be a nice way to introduce yourself, tell us a little about yourself, maybe even mention how you found your way to Last Night On Earth.

I also agree with you somewhat on the Zombie Cards that force the Heroes to discard cards from their deck. Initially, the purpose of this was that one of the Zombie win conditions is for the Zombie Player(s) to cause the last Hero Card in the deck to be discarded. But, with expansions adding so many cards, that has become pretty highly unlikely to happen.

I actually think your idea about a few bad cards in the Hero Deck sounds pretty cool. In fact, I think it could be pretty easily achieved. They don't have to be in the Zombie Deck at all, nor placed by the Zombie Player(s). They could just be Hero Cards, placed randomly in the deck just like any other Hero Cards. The thematic idea being that, in searching for stuff, the Heroes accidentally came across a zombie instead, or something along those lines.

I think I would personally not want to see them be too over-powered, though. I like the idea of there being some danger in the Hero Deck, but wouldn't want to see them be so bad that it makes the Heroes reluctant to draw cards out of concern that they may come up. It's one thing to have a card pop up that brings out a zombie you must immediately fight. That isn't so terrible that you can't deal with it and hope for the best. But, if it was something extremely awful like a large number of zombies all at once, or something thematic that destroyed all the items you are carrying, or something like that, I think that might be a bit over-powered. It could lead to the Hero Players being reluctant to draw cards. To me, playing as a Hero character, that is one of the things that is the most fun.

But, with some minor dangers, like finding a zombie, it could actually add a fun twist to the game. I like it!
(09-28-2013 04:41 PM)StayPuft Wrote: [ -> ]Welcome to the boards. These types of threads really are just to give a quick hello and introduce yourself to the group. Not really mandatory, but it can be a nice way to introduce yourself, tell us a little about yourself, maybe even mention how you found your way to Last Night On Earth.

I also agree with you somewhat on the Zombie Cards that force the Heroes to discard cards from their deck. Initially, the purpose of this was that one of the Zombie win conditions is for the Zombie Player(s) to cause the last Hero Card in the deck to be discarded. But, with expansions adding so many cards, that has become pretty highly unlikely to happen.

I actually think your idea about a few bad cards in the Hero Deck sounds pretty cool. In fact, I think it could be pretty easily achieved. They don't have to be in the Zombie Deck at all, nor placed by the Zombie Player(s). They could just be Hero Cards, placed randomly in the deck just like any other Hero Cards. The thematic idea being that, in searching for stuff, the Heroes accidentally came across a zombie instead, or something along those lines.

I think I would personally not want to see them be too over-powered, though. I like the idea of there being some danger in the Hero Deck, but wouldn't want to see them be so bad that it makes the Heroes reluctant to draw cards out of concern that they may come up. It's one thing to have a card pop up that brings out a zombie you must immediately fight. That isn't so terrible that you can't deal with it and hope for the best. But, if it was something extremely awful like a large number of zombies all at once, or something thematic that destroyed all the items you are carrying, or something like that, I think that might be a bit over-powered. It could lead to the Hero Players being reluctant to draw cards. To me, playing as a Hero character, that is one of the things that is the most fun.

But, with some minor dangers, like finding a zombie, it could actually add a fun twist to the game. I like it!

I wonder though about the frequency of it coming up. With the number of cards now in the hero deck it would get watered down depending on the number of expansions used with it. You wouldn't be able to simply throw more cards at it since that would get expensive considering base cost and markup. It might make more sense to have only a few cards which could randomly be seeded in the top 12 cards. I guess both approaches would give a different feel to it.
I see what you mean, but it sort of defeats the random surprise aspect of it if it is something the Zombie Player(s) are able to plant in the deck. For the effect to really work, there needs to be the element of surprise that you never know when it will come up.

I think it is okay if it is semi-diluted by the fact that there are so many cards in the deck. I almost think that adds to it a bit. That way, it isn't something that happens all that often. That way, when it does come up, it seems that much more of a bad thing. In fact, I almost think the possibility of it coming up a lot could sort of water it down. I kind of like the idea of it being completely random, and somewhat rare. But, that could just be me.
Reference URL's