TheZombieGame.com Forums

Full Version: The Crimson Hand Has Risen!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Anybody else gotten their yet? Stopped by the FLGS last night & picked up a copy. Gave the contents a cursory glance & spent the rest of the night prepping the minis for painting this weekend.

Look forward to giving everything a closer look later & hearing everyone else's thoughts. Watchmen02
Played Crimson hand tonight with my son and had a most enjoyable game with two heroes just pulling it off with the VO on 13 points. The Crimson Hand are dangerous - they aquire artefacts much quicker than the other VOs (as they should, they've been gathering artefacts for possibly hundreds of years) and i really like the mechanic where allies generally feel threatened and intimadated and could leave the hero at any time.

The Major City Events also added to the game with heroes thinking twice about which major city, or indeed whether to visit a major city at all.

Highly recommend.
(10-19-2013 10:09 PM)Achtung Panzer Wrote: [ -> ]Played Crimson hand tonight with my son and had a most enjoyable game with two heroes just pulling it off with the VO on 13 points. The Crimson Hand are dangerous - they aquire artefacts much quicker than the other VOs (as they should, they've been gathering artefacts for possibly hundreds of years) and i really like the mechanic where allies generally feel threatened and intimadated and could leave the hero at any time.

The Major City Events also added to the game with heroes thinking twice about which major city, or indeed whether to visit a major city at all.

Highly recommend.

Nice! I know the Hand are a pain in ATOE with their ability to turn the Elders to their cause, so I've been interested in how they would play out in FanG. Watchmen02

Taking a quick break in painting (got all gold metallic & flesh colors so far...). Back to it in a few! Insane21
god...I'm holding plastic till after I see what Shadows of Brimstone KS is all about & how much it's going to costZombie20 .

But after the 21st there will be an explosion of plastic & CH
is on my "Need" list.

OD
Rise of the Crimson Hand is a fantastic expansion imo.
The Crimson Hand is the most challenging vile organisation so far and a blast to fight, the new deadly tests can be quite devastating (but you get some new gear and allies to balance them out), and the major city epic event chart is simply brilliant! I have to force myself to not look at all of the events - not knowing what's going to happen once you enter a city and draw "just another day in the city" is thrilling. I love it!
Can't wait for treasure hunters. Should be in stores soon, right?
Greetings,
Fred
Alas I'll need to waitZombie24 my plastic all melted on Shadows of
Brimstone.

OD
(11-04-2013 12:50 PM)Fred Ink Wrote: [ -> ]Can't wait for treasure hunters. Should be in stores soon, right?

I think so. November was the date IIRC. Watchmen02
(11-04-2013 12:50 PM)Fred Ink Wrote: [ -> ]Can't wait for treasure hunters. Should be in stores soon, right?

Available now in the UK and my copy is due today.

Agree about the Crimson Hand being fun to play. A secret society is very thematic.
I have TH, got it two weeks ago. I had pre-ordrered directly from the frog.
I was going over my dead plastic & discovered a Gift Card that had enough to
get CH at CSI-so I ordered it.

OD
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's