TheZombieGame.com Forums

Full Version: "Camp Grizzly" - Slasher Movie board game
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Though I'm not a fan of the uses Kickstarter has been put to, I do highly approve of the original intent: to gain funding to get projects off the ground that might not otherwise be produced.

Here is the first project I've seen that actually inspired me enough to pledge. It looks like it might be the closest to the Slasher Movie emulation that I've dreamed of:

[Image: pic1673518_md.jpg]

[Image: pic1816318_md.jpg]

[Image: pic1680031_md.jpg]

Camp Grizzly on BoardGame Geek

Camp Grizzly on Kickstarter

Hoping the game gets funded & all the expansions are produced!
It has a "R" Rated Expansion ,hey Sarku it would be cool to rip that idea
off for the next District-Z.

OD
(11-03-2013 09:35 PM)Old Dwarf Wrote: [ -> ]It has a "R" Rated Expansion ,hey Sarku it would be cool to rip that idea
off for the next District-Z.

OD

I'd call it "the Unrated Directors Cut". Zombie03
Funding achieved. Watchmen02 24 days to go & headed toward the first stretch goal. Watchmen02
This game just doesn't look good to me, what's the appeal? Does it do anything new?
(11-12-2013 07:29 PM)LSD Wrote: [ -> ]This game just doesn't look good to me, what's the appeal? Does it do anything new?

A lot of people like that it can be played solo and the camp horror idea is a new thematic appeal. Gameplay wise I think it's all been done before.
(11-12-2013 07:29 PM)LSD Wrote: [ -> ]This game just doesn't look good to me, what's the appeal? Does it do anything new?

I'm a theme player more than a mechanics guy. I do want tight enough & detailed enough set of rules to serve the theme, but for me, the theme & the "recreation" of the subject matter being emulated is first & foremost.

So, I don't need the game to do anything "new", I just need it to do what it does well, which in this case would be recreate the expeience of a Slasher movie. From what I've seen so far, it looks like it does a good job of that. I've been waiting for a game that does for a long time.
Unrated Director's Cut...

I LIKE IT!!!
(11-13-2013 01:38 PM)Sarku Wrote: [ -> ]Unrated Director's Cut...

I LIKE IT!!!

Now if it would only feature HopeWatchmen02

OD
I also put in some money to fund this one. Looks awesome. Hoping we see Mini sets #2 & #3!
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Reference URL's