TheZombieGame.com Forums

Full Version: IfOS minis
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Okay, here's a bunch of miniatures I painted up. I will post new ones once they are finished.
Generally, I'm not planning to max things out painting-wise, as those minis are used for gaming and I want them to be finished within a relatively small timeframe.

First, here are some of the martians. I didn't do anything fancy with them, just some basic painting, blacklining, edge highlighting and some highlighting and shading on their heads and hands. I spent a bit more time on the leader, as he is supposed to stand out. For the Zard I used multiple layers of greenish colours.

[Image: 1185991_635249226505903_1874949090_n.jpg]

And then there's the heroes. I spent a bit more time on them, paying more attention to detail, adding more layers of highlights and stuff. But I still try to keep it rather simple in order to finish them soon (currently it takes me about a week to get one of them done).

Here's Archibald. His face had some casting issues (almost no eyes visible, nose too small, no beard), so I had to fix that with paint. Hope it worked out somehow.

[Image: Archibaldvorne_zps458b0f96.jpg]

And then there's R. J. Flannigan. I really like the sculpt.

[Image: RJFlanniganKopie_zpsab001177.jpg]

I'm afraid that's all for now. Currently I'm working on Lucrezia. Hope she'll be finished by Friday. And I also hope you like those paintjobs. So,what do you think?

Greetings,
Fred
Awesome work, I love 'em! Nice clean painting style. Thanks for sharing and...
+1 Rep
Nice Stuff !

OD
These look outstanding! Really nice job.
Thanks, guys! Watchmen02

Quote:Nice clean painting style.
Yeah, I always try to keep full control of the colours - so no drybrushing or washing, only applying it all "by hand". Takes much longer, but it's worth the effort imo.
Excellent models from a game I don't have - so very interesting to see them. Great job and I look forward to seing more.
(11-05-2013 09:16 AM)Achtung Panzer Wrote: [ -> ]Excellent models from a game I don't have - so very interesting to see them. Great job and I look forward to seing more.

Thanks! Watchmen02
You should definitely check out IfOS in my opinion - it's almost similar to LNoE, but gives the "evil" players more options. And the theme is hilarious. Zombie17
That's why I chose it over LnOE - although I'm probably gonna buy that game, too. ^^

Anyway, here's the third of the heroes: Lucrezia, the contortionist! Zombie17

[Image: LucreziaCollageKopie_zpsf0d626b4.jpg]

Greetings,
Fred
Best one yet Fred Zombie03
Another great piece of art and an improvement. The plastic models themselves don't have the greatest detail, so I know only too well how tricky it can be to put detail in where it isn't actually there (such as the stomach muscles). The hair, face, purples and oranges are wonderful. If I could offer any constructive critism it would be the black lining is quite pronounced in some areas (only really apparent at this close range) and the flesh could have a little more depth. (could be the strange lighting from photography).

Thanks for sharing and I hope you don't mind my critique. It is offered with great respect.
Overall 9/10
Thanks, guys! Watchmen02

@samuraitrev: Your critique is highly appreciated. And you are absolutely right about every single point!
The quality of the pictures is a bit crappy, so the skin looks different in RL, but it lacks some depth nontheless. And yes, the blacklining ist too pronounced in some spaces.
As I said, I don't max things out. If this was a showcase model I would have reduced the BL, smoothened a lot of things out and generally improved the level of contrast.
Plus I am still struggling to become as good as I once was (haven't painted for a few years, started again about two months ago).
Overall, this would never be a 9 for me. I would rate it 7.5. But I''m happy with the result. The miniatures are for gaming purposes after all, and my aim is to find a good trade-off between looks and time spent on them.

Glad you like her - and please keep the critique coming! Always great to hear what others think about my works. Watchmen02

Next up is Jojo, the Dancing Bear. I'm a little scared of all the fur ... Zombie17

Greetings,
Fred
Pages: 1 2 3
Reference URL's