TheZombieGame.com Forums

Full Version: Timber peak zombies underpowered
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
(11-11-2013 04:30 PM)ch82 Wrote: [ -> ]I've heard about the balance issues before and it is the main reason I've avoided this game. It sounds like blood in the forest will add all the elements of this expansion and then some.

My main hope is that the expansion focuses more on tactics/strategy as opposed to leaning more on luck of the roll

We played again last night with a different scenario (blow up the town) and it seemed a little better. My only really complaint is the zombie upgrades kind of suck compared to the hero ones.
(11-11-2013 04:46 PM)LSD Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-11-2013 04:30 PM)ch82 Wrote: [ -> ]I've heard about the balance issues before and it is the main reason I've avoided this game. It sounds like blood in the forest will add all the elements of this expansion and then some.

My main hope is that the expansion focuses more on tactics/strategy as opposed to leaning more on luck of the roll

We played again last night with a different scenario (blow up the town) and it seemed a little better. My only really complaint is the zombie upgrades kind of suck compared to the hero ones.

I agree the Zombie upgrades aren't as powerful (or as cool). I believe this to be intentional. This is what I think happened...

1) The Base game was pretty balanced with a slight lean towards Zombie victories. 60/40 Zombie wins.
2) Subsequent expansions have tipped the balance more towards the Zombie's favour. Maybe thiis was harder scenario victory conditions or meaner Zombie cards, who knows? 70/30 Zombie wins.
3) Timber Peak is quite well balanced. 50/50 Zombie wins
4) Mix it all up I would say the game balances up quite well. 60/40 Zombie wins.

Bear in mind this could be down to our group's playing style. However from all the time I've spent on here reading and discussing the game and playing the last 63 games (stats here, check out the Hero survivability rates with the TP characters for example http://www.thezombiegame.com/forums/Thre...-06-Oct-13 )

I would say the most balanced (and fun) way of playing this game is to 1) mix it all up. (all scenarios, expansions, characters, cards, map sections)
2) choose everything random
3) don't drown it with house rules. Add the odd (balanced and tested character, rule etc.)

That's my humble take anywayWatchmen02
Wise and informed wisdom Trev.
Here Here! And that's pretty much the way we play too.
I agree to mixing it all up is the most fun...I have had several games where fires aren't a factor at all which I imagine will be fixed once we add Blood in the Forest which will add even more fire cards to the deck but right now it seems random and unpredictable which is what I want my games to be like anyways. I like being surprised at the next hero obstacle.
So looks like our group is in the minority.

We've elected to stick to the story type structure as initially promoted in the original LNOE. So everything pre-LNOE represents the opening chapter in the Zombie Apocalypse... and Timber Peak (and soon to be Blood in the Forest + plus additional upcoming content) represents the second chapter.

Considering Timber Peak has survivors from Woodinvale, with the rulebook hinting at more survivors, it seemed the logical way forward for us. It works and it's fun, and I guess that's what counts at the end of the day.
You're not alone, at the moment I'm keeping everything seperate but splashing some web content into timber peak.
If I kept them separate I would stop playing the original probably an it's too much investment to just quit that when they are compatible together.
i just picked up timber peak.

is it stand alone.. or mixed with the original games and add ons?
(11-14-2013 04:42 PM)soundguy Wrote: [ -> ]i just picked up timber peak.

is it stand alone.. or mixed with the original games and add ons?

Your choice. I suggest playing it stand alone then going from there.
Pages: 1 2 3
Reference URL's