TheZombieGame.com Forums

Full Version: Hello from a returning gamer...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello everybody...

I am returning to gaming from a long hiatus... I used to play pedestrian boardgames and 40K when the miniatures were still made of lead...

I also have had the privilege of knowing the founders of FFG before it even existed...

Sadly even though I an original printing of LNOE & A Growing Hunger (and ATOE) I have never played them in there production versions (only play-test versions).

Up til now life has been in the way but when the FFG guys told (and showed) me about the Shadows of Brimstone I was reinvigorated on gaming and as winter approaches (best time for gaming here) I am excited about getting back into it.

-John
Welcome aboard TZG John-so spill us the Froggers SecretsWatchmen02
I envy you the FFP experience I hope you'll share some
of them with us.

OD
Greetings Johnny
Welcome back to the gaming community. Feel free to wow us with some inside info.Watchmen02
Hi, Johnny!

Good decision to get back into gaming - it's an exciting time for gamers these days.
Welcome to the boards! Glad to her that Shadows of Brimstone helped to re-spark your board game obsession. :-) You have definitely found a crowd of like-minded individuals with us.
(11-25-2013 12:41 PM)Old Dwarf Wrote: [ -> ]Welcome aboard TZG John-so spill us the Froggers SecretsWatchmen02
I envy you the FFP experience I hope you'll share some
of them with us.

OD

Well Old Dwarf (and Samuraitrev) some stuff I can talk about and some stuff I can't (still under an NDA (Non-Disclosure Agreement)).

I remember playing LNOE, ATOE & IFOS when they were only pieces of paper and miniatures borrowed from other games. And there are games I've played that still haven't been released...

I also remember when they received their first hand carved miniature (you'd thought it was the Holy Grail)

And I when they they recieved their first shipment of LNOE and filled their house to the ceiling!!!

At Scott's B-Day party this year he told me he and Jason quit their day jobs and are doing it full-time (and that day in March will be an official FFP holiday).

And then in October I went and visited the their studio (just before the Shadows of Brimstone Kick starter).

It's been crazy to watch from it's beginning (in their parents basement) to a fulltime job!!!

-John
Wow great inside info. It's really cool how FFP began in some basement to what it is today.Tell Jason from me it would be great to hear from him on here once in a while. I know he's crazy busy and he goes on BBG now and again but it would be cool if he said hi to the biggest fans of his games now and again.

+1 rep for the inside info. You could become our FFP moleZombie17
Reference URL's