TheZombieGame.com Forums

Full Version: Pit in destroyed building
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Another pesty question if you have the time. I searched around and couldn't find the answer.

If a fire destroys a building and that building had a spawning pit, do the zombies still crawl from the rubble each turn or is the pit all-gone-bye-bye?

Timber Peak rules say "no models may enter.." (pg19), but does that mean "no models may be spawned there and exit?"

I'm guessing the pit is sealed.

Thanks in advance for your help.

-ThatBretGuy
This is a good question. I would say

The Spawning Pit X is unaffected. Zombies can still Spawn there. I've never had this happen before.
Good question. I would take the rules text "No models may enter a destroyed building." and reason that to include spawning models (zombies).
I would say it you could still spawn there. However the building ability and search ability would be destroyed with the building since heroes could not enter.
My group would play it as the Zombie Pit is destroyed. Entering to us is the same as Spawning. Plus it makes since thematically and we love the game so much because of the thematic story that is told in the gameplay.
The spirit of the building being destroyed to me means that the spawning pit's gone as well. Objectives that are there are rerolled and cards discarded, new fires can't start there... It sounds to me that it should act as if it's not even on the board.
Agreed. Spawn pits represent dead people rising and I would say that a destroyed building has the same result as Not Enough Left. So no spawning for me.
I know the chances of this happening are remote but it would be good to get an official ruling on this. I think it merits further clarification.

I've just emailed Jason C. Hill...
Good idea, Samurai. This one is a bit iffy. I would agree with what seems to be the general thought, though. Seems most would consider the spawning pit destroyed, and I would kind of agree.

Thematically, the "spawning pit" is really just a spot where zombies come up from the ground, or stumble there way in from somewhere off the board. It isn't like we are meant to think they are actually being created there. LOL! But, all the same, my thought would be that if the space was to be destroyed in some catastrophic way, the zombies wouldn't be able to go there any more than the heroes would.

But, will be interesting to see what the main man himself has to say.
Reference URL's