TheZombieGame.com Forums

Full Version: Taken Over question (spaces in bldg > zombie pool)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have searched and read piles of posts on this forum and am having trouble finding the answer for this.

In a game session the ZP played a Taken Over card and the random roll ended up being the Hospital, which was empty. There are 7 spaces in the Hospital and only 4 Zombies were left in the Zombie pool.

Is the ZP required to take Zombies from elsewhere on the board to fill all of the spaces of a taken over building or does s/he just deplete the Zombie pool (leaving empty spaces in the building)?

Thanks!
There are Scrifice cards that state zombies must be taken from elsewhere to meet the spawning requirement. So by omission I would say you use all available Pool zombies only.
I would agree. The Pool is the Pool only.
We have always played using the number of pool zombies, until your pool is empty.
Thanks everyone, that makes sense. I think what make us think twice about this was remembering seeing other cards that explicitly stated taking from elsewhere if the pool runs out.
Yeah, some cards specifically say you are allowed to take zombies from elsewhere if there aren't enough left in the pool, and I think some may even specifically state that you must.

If it doesn't say otherwise, then the Zombie pool is just that... the existing zombie pool. If you take over a huge building, but only have one zombie left in your pool, then you only get to put one in the building.
Reference URL's