TheZombieGame.com Forums

Full Version: Going to paint minis for the first time.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi guys, I'm gonna paint my minis for LNOE, and just wondered where you guys bought your paints and equipment from. I've had a look through the forums and found lots of good advice but so far haven't seen any info on the best place to buy from. I live in the UK so UK websites/stores preferable.

I'm planning on getting some decent brushes, but using fairly cheap acrylics . Any ideas?

Thanks
Col check out the tomb 3rd thread, under Introduce yourself. Guy has also rats of stuff on his bit
Yeah, check out Sam's posts in the tomb. I would suggest you buy one cheap metal figure one first so you can practice and strip a couple times before you try on your harder-to-replace game figures.
Mmmmm, that sounds like good advice, I was worried about screwing them up. Thanks.
Hi Colbowski
I think it's awesome you want to take your game to the next level and paint your miniatures. If you have any questions please ask (we all started somewhere) and I will help you out
happy gaming
(and painting)
Ive collected and painted games workshop stuff for years. I have decided however that GW is boarderline nazi gaming for the extremely well off (they have no movement on the use of house rules, or minis that dont carry the GW seal of approval. ) that said their paints and brushes, tho expensive are nice to work with. Failling that you could try army painter gear? All can be found on ebay or just google and see?
Enjoy
Yeah, I decided to go for the games workshop, £30 lighter in my wallet and I think I've got enough different colours to paint a couple of zombies lol.
(02-16-2014 11:59 AM)Colbowski Wrote: [ -> ]Yeah, I decided to go for the games workshop, £30 lighter in my wallet and I think I've got enough different colours to paint a couple of zombies lol.

£30 What you end up gettin? For that I can only imagine 4 pots of paint a wash or 2 and a set of brushes... its my favourite when the paints dry out or I accidently spill my wash. When I get round to paintin my lnoe bits I shall post some pics.
hapoy days
The undercoat spray was a tenner, each pot of paint was £2.50, so got 7 colours and 1 wash. Already bought some brushes and a paint plate thing. Still need to get the varnish stuff.
(02-16-2014 06:14 PM)Colbowski Wrote: [ -> ]The undercoat spray was a tenner, each pot of paint was £2.50, so got 7 colours and 1 wash. Already bought some brushes and a paint plate thing. Still need to get the varnish stuff.

Varnish is a must for these minis, because they flex the paint will chip off super easy without it.

(02-16-2014 06:14 PM)Colbowski Wrote: [ -> ]The undercoat spray was a tenner, each pot of paint was £2.50, so got 7 colours and 1 wash. Already bought some brushes and a paint plate thing. Still need to get the varnish stuff.

Varnish is a must for these minis, because they flex the paint will chip off super easy without it.
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's