TheZombieGame.com Forums

Full Version: Exploration and the funny outcome...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi Zombie lovers!

If you are not too caught up in the Something Wicked Expansion I have a rules question regarding free search and exploration markers. It is optional to use a free search marker. However when using the exploration markers, can you flip it but not use the free search if it comes up?

The question derives from a game today where Rachelle had Heroic Resolve, and would like to peek under an exploration marker but not use it if it had a free search on it... Ive checked the rulebooks and I am still not sure. We decided that she could not, as it theme wise would be more fun not to spoil the surprise, but on the other hand, it could be a viable strategy to do so for an armed and dangerous Hero...

Cheerio,
St
I would say that, if you go into a building with them, you must use them. I may allow the beneficial not to be used at all (maybe), but I definitely would not allow them to stay there for another person to claim.

I cannot point to any rules, however.
Ryuk Wrote:Let's say there's no 'Heroic Resolve' that one's trying to keep.... Page 8 of the Growing Hunger rulebook states... Exploration Markers work just like Free Search Markers....and since on page 4 it says that a Free Search Marker may (not must) be used, (thus your statement that the use of Free Search Markers is optional)... Couldn't a Hero flip over (that I consider Searching only for rulings on 'Heroic Resolve',"I've Got to Get to the...", etc.) an Exploration Marker, fight any Zombies revealed, team-up with a New Hero found, but leave the Free Search Marker (not use, thus not discard) there for another Hero to use since it's use is optional?

I don't remember that at all. I'll have to read for it tonight. Interesting.
Ryuk Wrote:on page 4 it says that a Free Search Marker may (not must) be used, (thus your statement that the use of Free Search Markers is optional)... Couldn't a Hero flip over (that I consider Searching only for rulings on 'Heroic Resolve',"I've Got to Get to the...", etc.) an Exploration Marker, fight any Zombies revealed, team-up with a New Hero found, but leave the Free Search Marker (not use, thus not discard) there for another Hero to use since it's use is optional?

I would interpret this to mean that you have the option of turning the marker over or not, but that turning it over would constitute "use" and therefore require that you execute the search if that's what you turn up. So if you want to keep heroic resolve, simply opt to not use (eg not flip over) the search marker.
Ryuk Wrote:Let's say there's no 'Heroic Resolve' that one's trying to keep.... Page 8 of the Growing Hunger rulebook states... Exploration Markers work just like Free Search Markers....and since on page 4 it says that a Free Search Marker may (not must) be used, (thus your statement that the use of Free Search Markers is optional)... Couldn't a Hero flip over (that I consider Searching only for rulings on 'Heroic Resolve',"I've Got to Get to the...", etc.) an Exploration Marker, fight any Zombies revealed, team-up with a New Hero found, but leave the Free Search Marker (not use, thus not discard) there for another Hero to use since it's use is optional?

Sorry Ryuk but I don't agree with you here.

I feel if you turn over the Exploration Marker you have to abide by what it says, so you couldn't choose whether to use the Free Search or not.

If can choose not to use Free Search, what's to stop you from choosing not to fight the Surprise Attack on the Exploration Marker?

I agree with twopiearr, if you have Heroic Resolve and want to keep it, you cannot turn over the Exploration Marker for fear of losing it if you get a Free Search.....of course you could gamble that you get another Hero or a Surprise Attack but that would be your choice.
Ooops...sorry Ryuk mate just re-read your post. Sorry buddy!!
Reference URL's