TheZombieGame.com Forums

Full Version: Painting Beli'Al (SoB)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
I may end up spending a bit on the basing any way... but it is what I already have in stock.
I've always like the idea of clear bases & the way the SoB miniatures will come
(no slots or pegs-just straight glue to the base) make it a good fit.

BUT the number of bases needed for all the SoB figs.& the different sizes make the cost impractical.

OD
Well... Here we are..... Luckily there is a search feature... If someone knows what they are looking for.
(10-03-2014 05:54 AM)SpoKnight Wrote: [ -> ]Well... Here we are..... Luckily there is a search feature... If someone knows what they are looking for.

I did try to leave Bread Crumbs Zombie24 on the SoB General Discussion
Forum.

OD
Why would you use Clear bases over the bases included for the game? Just curious.

Would any of you consider doing a quick video of your painting technique whenever you finally get the stuff in hand and start painting? I've got some of the basics down but a lot of the techniques elude me and I do not have the benefit of knowing anyone who has painted miniatures like this for any length of time.
What? Nobody else is going to bedazzle theirs? I was even thinking of gluing on little pigtails. :-D
Staypuft, Pics or it didn't happen. Zombie17

That WOULD be something to see lol
(10-03-2014 03:39 PM)Raynor Wrote: [ -> ]Why would you use Clear bases over the bases included for the game? Just curious.

It's a matter of having different terrain represented on the various otherworld and mine tiles, and then having mismatched terrain modeled onto your figure's bases.

It's purely aesthetic. Having a gunslinger with a sandy mine-modeled base walking through the snowy hall of the Targa Plateau, or the high-tech corridors of the Derelict Ship draws attention to the fact that the base doesn't match the locale.

It's a small detail, but some painters and modellers are sticklers about that kind of thing.
(10-03-2014 03:39 PM)Raynor Wrote: [ -> ]Why would you use Clear bases over the bases included for the game? Just curious.

It really depends on how you feel about bases.
Some people just leave them black, some really
pimp them up with gravel/bits of scenery or just
paint them up the color of the Game Mat/Board
the miniatures will be used on.

The advantage of clear bases is that they will show
whatever color the Game Tile/Board is so it gives
the illusion you don't really have a base.

Thus in SoB when your Hero goes from the brownish
mine Tile to Another World a whitish Tile for the Targa Plateau
it makes a natural look.

Alas the Clear Tiles in the # required for SoB isn't really
an option moneywise(for me).I'll probably do the
Heroes & wandering monster types in brownish colors
& the monsters only appearing in the Other worlds in
the color of there tiles.

OD

LoL as I was typing Odie posted the answer..... I need to learn
2 handed typing!
(10-03-2014 05:13 PM)Old Dwarf Wrote: [ -> ]LoL as I was typing Odie posted the answer..... I need to learn
2 handed typing!

Ha! I write for a living and I can't type worth a damn either!
Pages: 1 2 3
Reference URL's