TheZombieGame.com Forums

Full Version: Painting Beli'Al (SoB)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
I know we have MONTHS till these get into our grubby little hands, but the discussion can start soon. I think we may need a Painting section all it's own. Watchmen01

The fluff says he has Darkstone armor. So there you have your black and purple. I see his lower half as shadow and smoke. So black and grey. Not sure what to do with the wings and such but since he is all shadowy... More dark colors. So perhaps the tattered clothing would be the only source of color?
I was thinking that the SOB minis were going to make me finally get an airbrush, which would come in handy painting a big piece like Beli'Al. Maybe do some light source painting off of the armor? I wonder how it wold look to paint a glowing Darkstone armor, and paint the rest in a monochromatic palette?
I do a pre shading technique where I use a black primer and then dust it with a white primer. I may do something in reverse with the armor and other blackstone things though. With a white undercoat, applying a purple paint, wash, or glaze might make it seem to glow.
If you wanted a 'glowing from within' look, you could try base coasting with a dark color, build up a few thin washes of white in the cracks, then hit the cracks with your 'glowing' color to stain the white making the color coming up from inside the armor.
Since the material is supposed to be dark metal and purple gem ... Sort of. a white base with a black dusting may be better. I will have to experiment though. I had forgotten about making a white wash though. Thanks. I may try that with the Pylons.

I will certainly do the white with black dusting for the Lava men. Or perhaps White. Yellow base. black dust and orange wash. Maybe even a gradient white core to orange outer.. then black dust. I have an airbrush.
Bases? I been getting things ready for painting
SoB now that the Game is shipping using the 2
Paint Set Add Ons from Army Paints.

But I was wondering what color to use for the bases?
The Mine tiles are brownish so I expect I'll use Army
Painter "Monster Brown" ( I usually do my bases one
color & then dry brush a highlight).

I've been thinking of doing some of Other worlds
unique miniatures bases in a color to match their
Tile color.

Anyone else have and comments/advice on how their
going to do bases?

OD
I'm doing all the bases in plain black, I think.

As for Beli'al, I've got some metallic black and metallic purple; I'll probably blend those for the armor. But the base coat may be a bright metallic red to give it a red glowing shine from within the cracks.

But we'll also see what colors he'll be when we see his card.
I'm going to paint mine lavender and pink and then bedazzle him. :-P

LOL! I'm kidding, of course.

.....or AM I?!
For all your boardgame needs.... I am considering clear plastic bases.
http://www.litko.net/categories/Miniatur...lic-Bases/

But, if I decide against that....

Caverns/ Desert: Greenstuff in a thin layer and then press sandpaper over it for texture. AND/OR Citadel's Agrelan Earth
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-Gqff3AGEvc0/Up..._earth.jpg
with some sand glued. Then a wash and dry brush. Cork bits work nicely as rock.

Ancient ruins= Cobble stones, building bits whatever. Maybe some white sand for snow; paint it up first, add snow and wash with a very watered blue. Again, cork bits for building bits and painted grey.

Rainforest: whatever seems good. Flock for grass. Bits of plastic plants. Painted and voila.
I was seriously considering using those clear bases as well, but then...do I really need another expense to put on top of the game?
Pages: 1 2 3
Reference URL's