TheZombieGame.com Forums

Full Version: A new start
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So i used to play lnoe a couple years ago and just bought it and growing hunger 3 days ago and it should be coming in the mail any day now. I am getting a new group together of people who have never played it or anything really like it. As for me i played lnoe weekly back in 2011, played dnd for many years and am a big rpg/zombie junkie. i have the web scenarios and a few custom heroes.

my question is this what do you all who have played this recommend that i can do.
what house rules/ alternate rules should i impliment
what scenarios do you recommend? ( i have played the ones from the ones from the original box, we got to go back, and all hallows eve)
any tips?suggestions?

its gonna be a group of 5 with me an experienced player as the zombies with 4 noob heroes.
thanks and i am so glad i found a group of people who like this game as much as i did and i am pumped to get back in to it.
Best advice is go back through the forums. We all have house rules so pick the best and add them in. For newbs keep it basic. Play a couple of die zombie die then escape in the truck. Once they grasp the basics anything goes.
question with die zombie die and newbie heroes would you say 15kills in15 turns is a bit tough, should i expand it? and if so would 1or2 turns be ample
No it's an easy task if you pick up a shotgun. And the basic structure of the game means the newbs can get a feel for the game win or lose
ok sounds good thanks
(04-01-2014 01:10 PM)cauchi39 Wrote: [ -> ]what house rules/ alternate rules should i impliment

Stick to the core rule set. I've been playing LNoE years and never felt the need to tweak it aside from custom characters and scenarios I've used in the past.

(04-01-2014 01:10 PM)cauchi39 Wrote: [ -> ]what scenarios do you recommend? ( i have played the ones from the ones from the original box, we got to go back, and all hallows eve)
any tips?suggestions?

I recommend playing either Escape in the Truck or Defend the Manor House. Both scenarios have a feeling of urgency and non gamers will be able to relate if they've ever seen a Zombie film.

I think you are wise playing as the Zombies. Don't go too hard on the Heroes and give them advice at points. They won't be inclined for another game anytime soon if they all get owned by Turn 4.

Above all, keep it fun and feel free to make Zombie noises throughout. Let us know how it goes!

Hope this helpsWatchmen02
Zombie noises are imperative Watchmen02
Grrrrr arrrrrrrg sums up most moves
yeah i always felt escape in the truck was the best choice and i do like protect the mansion ill prob play that one second.
as for house rules i read and like the idea of heros being able to enter the hanger at an angle and i like the idea of a roll for character we used to do this before when i played example roll 1d6
1 zombies eliminate one before a random pick
2 one at random
3draw 2 at random pick one
4 draw 3 at random pick one
5 choose hero
6 heroes choice and may use a custom hero
i have a folder on my computer of some custom heroes a few i found on here, like lara croft dirty harry, jack burton, buffy.obama, rick grimes, and glen as wellas a few i made
i wont do this for the first game but after ill impliment it

if anybody has some custom heroes for me to add to my folder that would be appericated
id like ones who are balanced maybe a little better than the flying frog heroes
would love ones from dead island, resident evil, call of duty zombies, walking dead, people from some great zombie movies, or just fun ones youve made

some of mine are
the stoner
wound wound dead
strange
misdemeanor- can only trade with another hero on a roll of 3+ and must roll a 2+ to use a townsfolk
smoker- if fire is not a scenario search item starts with a lighter
im so high- may give up turn to heal one wound, may heal another hero in same space that does not have keyword law enforcement, that hero loses their next turn

crazy pete the homeless guy
wound wound dead
strange
Prophet?- may use hero cards as if he had keyword holy
slightly used- may use a hand weapon that broke for one more turn before discarding
stench- no hero may end their turn in the same space at pete
Welcome to the boards! Congrats on getting a group together! Hope it leads into an ongoing thing for you. I actually got a group set up at favorite local comic book store, and it has been going well for almost two years now. Not only have I gotten a chance to play Last Night On Earth a lot (though not as much as I'd like lately) I was also introduced to a bunch of other really cool games. But, best of all is I made some really great friends in the process. People I probably never would have run into otherwise, and my life is so much richer for having them in it.

Anyways, I'm seem to be going of on tangents today. LOL! Glad to see you joy our undead ranks. ;-) Hope we see you around a lot more.
Reference URL's