TheZombieGame.com Forums

Full Version: Howdy!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
I have had Last Night On Earth for a few months now, just bought the expansion "Growing Hunger" and I'm loving it.

I usually find myself the lone nerd in my group of friends, I have an extremely nerdy job (that I love), I enjoy horror and sci-fi, and I know way too much about 90s X-Men comics. They enjoy going to the river or out dancing (count me out). But since my wife bought me this game for Christmas and I convinced everyone to play one night it is literally the only thing they ever want to do when they come over. So since that's awesome, I figured I would dive as deep into the game as possible. Here I am.

I've been working through some initial rules misinterpretations, patching up some bad calls that we were using, and making some nifty house rules along the way (my favorite of which is the Escape! house rule I have for players beginning their activation on a square with a zombie).

Anyway, I just wanted to say hi.
Welcome to The Zombie Game!!
You'll find that we're all a bunch of geek/nerds here, otherwise we wouldn't be here!

I look forward to hearing about your house rules!
(06-06-2014 04:38 PM)BigDumbYak Wrote: [ -> ]Welcome to The Zombie Game!!
You'll find that we're all a bunch of geek/nerds here, otherwise we wouldn't be here!

I look forward to hearing about your house rules!

I prefer to think of myself as Socially Maladjusted Watchmen01
but Welcome to TZG.

OD
Welcome stranger

Send out the dog to feed on the dead.
Greetings slyzod
I think you sound like the coolest one out of your group! Way to go on converting unbelivers to LNoEZombie17
Welcome to the boards, my friend! That is too cool that you were able to get your friends into this game even though it didn't seem like their typical thing. See, I think this game is awesome enough to appeal to all types of people! :-)

Hope we see you around a lot more.
Hey there. Welcome.

Its a friendly bunch here, enjoy. Watchmen02
Hey slyzod, sounds like you will fit right in here! If you don't mind me asking, what is your nerdy job?

Welcome to TZG.
(06-10-2014 08:17 PM)goodcop2000 Wrote: [ -> ]If you don't mind me asking, what is your nerdy job?

Choose your words carefully slyzod. That seemingly innocent request could result in the SWAT boys paying a visitZombie17
(06-09-2014 04:39 PM)StayPuft Wrote: [ -> ]Welcome to the boards, my friend! That is too cool that you were able to get your friends into this game even though it didn't seem like their typical thing. See, I think this game is awesome enough to appeal to all types of people! :-)

Hope we see you around a lot more.

It's kind of the perfect type of game to attract people. It's cooperative which people love, and competitive which people love. If you have a member in your group who can't play on a team let he/she bethe zombie on their own.

It's got a neat theme that I think most people have some appreciation for (thanks to that awful movie warm bodies even some teenaged girls like zombies lol)

It's an exciting and fast paced game and yet still not a "quick" game which allows it to gain more depth. And even with that, it's not so long that people get turned off.

To top it off it's got many layers of stratedgy, enough to draw in a complexe gamer. And has a fair bit of luck involved, enough to keep a novice entertained, but not so much that you feel like your playing monopoly.

It's truly one of a kind and I too shared your sense of relief and I found that there was still something I could do with the people in my life that I genuinely enjoyed and they did too!
Pages: 1 2 3
Reference URL's