TheZombieGame.com Forums

Full Version: which expansion would you recommend i buy first
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
i have the main game and im looking to buy an expansion.
hp1!!!
Funny enough, my opinion on this has actually changed. Initially, when I was going to get my first expansion, I was thinking of doing a smaller one, rather than going right to Growing Hunger.

Somewhere down the road, I changed my mind on the matter and decided to just collect them all in the order released. Growing Hunger was the first expansion.

I would actually now recommend this method. Obviously, you can still do it however you feel works best for you, but I actually think it works well to add Growing Hunger as your first expansion. It adds a lot of stuff, and it is all really cool additions to the game.

I have to say, a lot of the later expansions contain stuff that my group and I just do not tend to find ourselves using very often. Don't get me wrong, it is still cool, but we just don't use it much. Growing Hunger has a ton of awesome stuff that gets used all the time. Plus, I think it has some of the best new scenarios.

Again, though, you have to go with what you think is best for you.
growing hunger has been ordered and is in the post. should have it tomorrow. give me time to read the rules before fridays game night.
(08-12-2014 12:36 AM)stethebubble Wrote: [ -> ]growing hunger has been ordered and is in the post. should have it tomorrow. give me time to read the rules before fridays game night.

You made the right call. I voted GH.
Growing Hunger was the best choice-it add a lot to LNoE.
I too brought GH first, then then hero pack 1......then everything else....lol
GH turned up today.
thank you everyone this expansion looks epic.
(08-11-2014 05:05 PM)StayPuft Wrote: [ -> ]and decided to just collect them all in the order released. Growing Hunger was the first expansion.

That's exactly what did! No regrets either... and naturally have everything possible for the game!!

I just think getting GH first, adds so much more to all the other things you pick up along the way... even the little things like the web exclusives/scenarios.

@stethebubble... well done on the score. Happy gaming.
Exactly the fact the Growing Hunger adds so much is why, at first, I was thinking of getting one of the smaller expansions first. But, as it turned out, I think it worked better the way I wound up doing it in the end. Which, again, was to just collect them all in the order they were released, starting with Growing Hunger.

This way, I had time to play all the existing scenarios, heroes, etc. a lot to the point where I was ready for some new stuff, but still relatively new to the game. So, it suddenly added a bunch of cool new stuff and made the game like new again.

Then, after playing that for a while, I'd played the game a lot, so me and those with whom I play were still up for new stuff, but it made more sense not to add as much at that point. Just a few cool new things, like the smaller expansions add. So, it actually seems to work very nicely that way. But, again, it is up to the person opinions and preferences of the collector.
Pages: 1 2 3
Reference URL's