TheZombieGame.com Forums

Full Version: Figure Assembly (SoB)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Jason's uploaded assembly videos for both box sets. (The figures of one box set had been previously uploaded, but now both sets are up.)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nfLxWLHd...c6XYGiHn1w
I can see FF is going all out to address concerns non modelers have had about assembly.

OD
As a Modeler, I love that it's in pieces. The normal board gamer may have issues with them. That, and the lack of color (Grey) between the heroes and monsters. Since the game is very like Descent, I am sure there are many that will rave over this.

Some models will require some additional Green stuff and/or pinning to look right. The goliath for example. It's mouth tentacles are all on a flat plain. Boring. Watchmen02
A good excuse to sniff glue in a confined place.

OD
I will have to see if this plastic will work for the plastic glue I use for the GW figures.

I think there is a lot of wasted space on their sprues. ... A vast chasm of air separating the various peaks of plastic.
SoB is hard plastic(according to FFP) so it should be close to GW,
I was recently converting some of FFG Gears of War figs & bought some Zap
plastic Glue & it was terrible no hold at all. I figure the softer plastic of the
GoW figs were responsible. Plastic Cement worked fine.

I don't mind some Sprune space I was using some old GW 40K Space marines bits
to work some of the conversions mentioned above & the sprune were so close together
it was hard clipping pieces off.

OD
Must admit I am not a huge fan of having to assemble my miniatures. I HATE that damn glue. Gets frigging everywhere. LOL! But, oh well. Whatcha gonna do, brother? Watcha gonna do when Hulkamania runs wild on you?

...Wait... what the Hell was I talking about?
(08-15-2014 04:09 PM)StayPuft Wrote: [ -> ]Must admit I am not a huge fan of having to assemble my miniatures. I HATE that damn glue. Gets frigging everywhere. LOL! But, oh well. Whatcha gonna do, brother? Watcha gonna do when Hulkamania runs wild on you?

...Wait... what the Hell was I talking about?

Probably it's just the Glue talking Insane20

OD
I've worked the glue on other hard plastic to no avail. It requires a specific material to melt and fuse together. I expect it won't work at all on the red ones. Luckily, Super Glue works well. It just isn't as good because it's very brittle. I haven't used the plastic cement though.
I've used GW plastic glue & it worked well, but like anything GW puts in a
container it dries out after awhile. I think they do it on purpose.

OD
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's