TheZombieGame.com Forums

Full Version: Zombie Clowns from "Zombies!!!" (I use for Zombicide and LNOE)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I love clowns, and even better if they are evil clowns. So, I knew at some point I HAD to have some zombie clowns shambling around my board games.

One of my gaming buddies let me know that the board game "Zombies!!!" had an expansion that was circus themed and came with zombie clowns. He also mentioned that they even sold them separately in just a bag of zombie clowns. So, I got that with the intention of painting some to use for my Zombicide and Last Night On Earth sets. I was really excited with how they came out. :-D

I can't believe I hadn't posted these yet. I would have sworn I did.

[Image: IMG_8973.jpg]
[Image: IMG_8953.jpg]
[Image: IMG_8943.jpg]
[Image: IMG_8923.jpg]
[Image: IMG_8918.jpg]
Ok, those would not make it to my table. Too freaky! Clowns are so bizarre.
(09-30-2014 01:36 AM)BigDumbYak Wrote: [ -> ]Ok, those would not make it to my table. Too freaky! Clowns are so bizarre.

LoL... agree. Back in the 50's they had a craze called "Paint by Number". It was basically a canvas with a picture outlined &
broken up into numbered segments. The numbers corresponded
to colors & you had little numbered paint jars so you could
paint the picture by painting the numbered segment with
it's matching numbered color.

My dad painted this huge clown face & hung it in my bed room,
scared the S.... out of me, I use to cover it before I went
to bed.

OD
I haven't seen Paint by numbers in a long time!

Your minis look great by the way!
oh wow.. i remember paint by numbers!
(09-30-2014 01:36 AM)BigDumbYak Wrote: [ -> ]Ok, those would not make it to my table. Too freaky! Clowns are so bizarre.

LOL! Thanks! I take that as a compliment. That seems to be a fairly common thing too. I personally happen to love evil clowns.

Thanks for the comments/compliments everybody.

Also, I remember paint by number as well. Except, in my day you didn't get paint jars with it. You just supplied your own paints/markers/crayons/whatever. More often than not, it was just one of many activities in a color book. It wasn't its own separate thing in my day.
(10-03-2014 04:39 PM)StayPuft Wrote: [ -> ]Also, I remember paint by number as well. Except, in my day you didn't get paint jars with it. You just supplied your own paints/markers/crayons/whatever. More often than not, it was just one of many activities in a color book. It wasn't its own separate thing in my day.

Just goes to show how cool the 50's really were ,you got
real oil paints. I did the Basset Hound one as we had one
as the family pet.

Mail & Bread were delivered to the door & mail came twice a day.
It was a better time in many ways, if you ignore that
everyone was building bomb shelters in the back yard so
that we would be ready when the Ruskies attacked.

OD
The only paint by number thing I ever had was this little gem from 1980:

[Image: lukef001.jpg]

(picture is not mine)

I loved this thing, and still have it floating somewhere around my parent's house back home. It came with these tiny little resealable pots of paint, and one of the worst brushes you could possibly imagine. You basically followed a painting guide that told you exactly what to do like the paint by numbers kits.

I remember getting it one Christmas, and my dad and I painting it at my Grandmother's house. Good times.

(09-29-2014 04:47 PM)StayPuft Wrote: [ -> ]I love clowns, and even better if they are evil clowns. So, I knew at some point I HAD to have some zombie clowns shambling around my board games.

One of my gaming buddies let me know that the board game "Zombies!!!" had an expansion that was circus themed and came with zombie clowns. He also mentioned that they even sold them separately in just a bag of zombie clowns. So, I got that with the intention of painting some to use for my Zombicide and Last Night On Earth sets. I was really excited with how they came out. :-D

I can't believe I hadn't posted these yet. I would have sworn I did.

[Image: IMG_8973.jpg]
[Image: IMG_8953.jpg]
[Image: IMG_8943.jpg]
[Image: IMG_8923.jpg]
[Image: IMG_8918.jpg]

Nice job - I wasn't half this good when I first started painting.
i remember a duck i had that was paint with the lil paint cup/caps ugh...
Thanks for the compliment, Odie. :-D

Also, that Star Wars figure is awesome! Looks professionally painted too. Cool that you actually painted that yourself.
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's