TheZombieGame.com Forums

Full Version: Hello, amazing site!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hiya, I found this site through BGG. I'm quite a fan of FFP games (got them all except SoB, which isn't out in Britain yet, or FaG which is just a bit too fiddly). I love them all, but if I had to choose just one it would be a PvP game of CoPE.

I've just finished painting AToE and LNoE. I just wished I'd found this site first, because there are some superb ideas in here.

Anyway, hi to all Watchmen02
Greetings you have just joined the world's finest selection of FFP fans.Zombie17
Welcome FEB- better late than never. I can never seem to get around to painting my LNoE & AToE
figs but SoB came today so that's my next painting project.

OD
(10-30-2014 07:35 PM)Old Dwarf Wrote: [ -> ]Welcome FEB- better late than never. I can never seem to get around to painting my LNoE & AToE
figs but SoB came today so that's my next painting project.

OD

I'm very jealous! The Lonesome Gamer put up what I think might be the first youtube playthrough today. I'm just watching it now to see if I'm going to spend silly amounts of money to buy it. I'll post my pics in the correct section. They're OK, but not a patch on some of the ones in here (and the homemade LNoE board is in another stratosphere!)
Welcome! CoPE is your favorite? Wow. I don't know what the general consensus is but it falls pretty low for me on the list of my favorites. And what do you mean by FanG is fiddly? Watchmen02
(10-30-2014 09:59 PM)Raynor Wrote: [ -> ]Welcome! CoPE is your favorite? Wow. I don't know what the general consensus is but it falls pretty low for me on the list of my favorites. And what do you mean by FanG is fiddly? Watchmen02

I wrote a session report on my gaming group's website about a 5-player CoPE I had. It was, without doubt, the most fun I've ever had playing a board game. Maybe we were just all in a silly mood that night, or maybe everything just fell into place, but it was pure chaos with people dropping cards (and dropping bombs) on each other consistently.

Please don't think I'm spam-linking, but here's the report if you'd like to read it. http://bathgaminggroup.com/2014/07/16/ci...ort-again/

As for FanG, I'll admit I've never played it but every walkthrough looks far too fiddly for me (and I'm saying this knowing that Arkham's my favourite game of all!). Convince me otherwise!
I guess I just don't understand your use of the word "fiddly"

It plays very similarly to AToE, but with upgrades. If you like AToE and you enjoy the thematic setting I don't see why it wouldn't be a hit.
Welcome to the boards, I already like you.

What's too "fiddly" about FANG? (My favorite FFP game, and currently my favorite board game overall.)... and I also like COPE more than most, but no one around here ever wants to play it.
(10-31-2014 03:25 AM)mqstout Wrote: [ -> ]Welcome to the boards, I already like you.

What's too "fiddly" about FANG? (My favorite FFP game, and currently my favorite board game overall.)... and I also like COPE more than most, but no one around here ever wants to play it.

Aw, thanks! Maybe fiddly's the wrong word, but there's lots of accountancy that I'm pretty sure I'd constantly get wrong - acolytes here and there, glory coming and going, etc.

Anyway, rather than focus on the negative (I'm sure it's a great game because FFP haven't put out a bad one yet), I should lament that I don't play CoPE against others as much as I'd like, either. If I don't regularly eat kittens I get antsy!
Okay. If that's your definition of "fiddly", and you deal with ATOE, then play FANG. It's less "fiddly" than that! It's a heck of a lot of fun. The only weird "fiddly" part is... just remember to have a box to keep the adventure cards in, instead of having to draw from the bottom.
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's