TheZombieGame.com Forums

Full Version: Middle Earth Quest
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Suprise mine came!! about a month sooner than expected
We've started a Game that's still in progress.I hope to wrap it up this week if the mini cool snap holds.

The components & rules are 1st rate,typical FFG quality.

The Rulebook is well done & although it has a lot of rules they
all flow together nicely.The Map is huge & realistic and the combat system is diceless.

Both Sauron & the Heroes have different Missions to win but neither sides knows the other's victory conditions.A Zillion Card decks are included that cover Events,Quests,Combat/Movement,Plots & Pirles
& Sauron's Shadow Activities.

The 10 figs (5 good/5 Evil) are nice especially for a board game & 25mm
(the mounted figs seem a little smaller).The broken Fig problem is real,so real in fact that FFG has set up a special replacement deal through its distributors to handle.My Gothmog had his axe mangled so I'm on a replacement List(4-6 weeks) but many have had a lot more Figs received broken.FFG says it was a batch that were overheated & became brittle,but their packing of the figs was rather poor in the first place.I intended to
use my painted GW LoTR figs but the FFG ones are nice enough
that I just paint them up & use(well if I ever get AToE figs
done).

I had sort have burned out on ME Gaming(after 5 years of it being our main Game)but this Board Game could well renew my interest.

OD
Sounds impressive.

But, l did burn myself out of Middle Earth....which is why I'm into Zombies and 'sci fi' right now!
Yeah We played GW's LotR for about 5 years as about
our only game(not to mention a massive painting project)
& we finally just got tired of it.

The Adventure Board Game is different enough to spark some interest.

I just got FFG Chaos in the Old World delivered so I really
have too many choices I'm trying to ger both ME Quest & Chaos
on the Table this month & leave October free for AToE/SWTWC.

OD
Reference URL's