TheZombieGame.com Forums

Full Version: Gears of War for $30 ( or damaged for $20)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Just had notification of Fantasy Flight's holiday sale and noticed they are selling GOW for only $30:

GEARS OF WAR

They also have damaged boxes for $20:

DAMAGED GOW

Tyler are other things in the sale but these jumped out at me.
This really is a great Game & has IMO the best AI mechanic out there. I'm sorry
FFG is dumping it in it's Holiday Game Death sale.

Sad to think it will not be getting anymore expansions, I picked up 3 copies
(alas not at this sale price) just to have enough Miniatures to make conversions
for the Locus they included cards for but made you proxy the figs.

There is however a lot of Fan created Missions/Cogs/Locus Creatures on BGG.
It's my next painting project after I rest up from soB.

OD
Thanks for this info! I might pick one up at this price
I checked it out and went to order it, but they wanted $63 to ship to the UK! I was bloody furious. I'd quite like it, but that's ridiculous.

Presumably this means that GoW is officially dead now, is that right? No expansions apart from fan-made ones...
I found 2 copies in a shop in Milton Keynes on Saturday - bought one and gald I did.
Hm, Arcana's down to $10. I shant pick it up still though. I love the setting/art style for Cadwallon, but the game really was trash.

I didn't know they ever did an expansion for City of Thieves, but I sadly haven't played the base game enough to rationalize the expansion...
Got my copy of GoW today, plus the expansion. I'm worried that there'll be no new expansions, but there seems to be a lot of fan-made stuff out there. Can you recommend any?
(11-26-2014 01:56 PM)FruitEatingBear Wrote: [ -> ]Got my copy of GoW today, plus the expansion. I'm worried that there'll be no new expansions, but there seems to be a lot of fan-made stuff out there. Can you recommend any?

Yeah the Game as far as FFG is concerned is dead but as you mentioned BGG is full of Fan Created Missions. This ones cool:

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/filepage/80...sovereigns

You'll need figs for Nemacysts & the Seeder . I use GW Tyranid Line ,Spore Mines for the
Nemacysts & whatever that model is with the cannon like tail.

OD
Thanks a lot, OD!
What a great recommendation this was. I had a game tonight, and let out the biggest of cheers when my mortar took out three drones in one go. Awesome!
Reference URL's