TheZombieGame.com Forums

Full Version: Dawn of the Zeds
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I've just ordered this today. I don't know much about it, other than reading that it's one of the best solo games around. Has anyone here played it?
I have it and I think it's great! Certainly gives you the feel of Zombie Hordes descending down different routes to converge on the town. The best thing is just when you think you've won - you haven't! Read the rules carefully - they could be laid out better.

VPG are not a big company but they take great care over the design of their games. I like the touches of detail - the zombie pieces have bite marks!

I also have Zulus on the Ramparts by the same company which is a top game too.
Funnily enough, Joel Eddy's review mentions the exact same game. I'll see whether I like this one first, I guess, and if so then I'll know what's next on the list!

Edit: My goodness, I just skimmed the rulebook online. I think I may have bitten off more than I can chew, here, if you'll pardon the analogy.
What a great game! I've played three times now, have lost all three disastrously, but can't wait for more. I don't think I'll ever be a fan of Victory Point's minimalistic approach to components, but a spot of pimping should sort that out.

Highly recommended.
(11-29-2014 12:19 PM)FruitEatingBear Wrote: [ -> ]What a great game! I've played three times now, have lost all three disastrously, but can't wait for more.

Well now there is more with an expansion just released!

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/boardgameex...ectors-cut
VP Games puts out some cool stuff, oddly enough I don't have any of them.

OD
(11-29-2014 12:46 PM)Achtung Panzer Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-29-2014 12:19 PM)FruitEatingBear Wrote: [ -> ]What a great game! I've played three times now, have lost all three disastrously, but can't wait for more.

Well now there is more with an expansion just released!

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/boardgameex...ectors-cut

Ordered!

If the mark of a good game is the speed you play it, this game's the greatest of all. I started normally, was absolutely cruising through the middle of it, and then they hi me HARD at the end. I was desperate for the National Guard to turn up, so desperate that I'm sure I made loads of tactical and rules mistakes. My heart was pumping!

I lost.
Reference URL's