TheZombieGame.com Forums

Full Version: Inglorious Basterds
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Just been to see this today and really enjoyed it.....but for some reason felt a bit flat.

I think the reason is that the first scene is so well directed and under-played and so...UN-Taratino-like, that when the rest of the film was exactly a QT film in every way, I wished he had tried something different and more subtle like the opening scene.

BUT saying that the QT OTT rest of the film is well worth seeing and is thoroughly enjoyable.

The film was stolen by the amazing Christoph Waltz as Col. Hans Landa, the Jew Hunter!

Recommended (but I still would have liked to have scene a whole film in the style of the beginning)
I was hesitant to see it, but I did (I was outvoted, 3 to 1 -- nothing else was open for discussion; it was go or not). I was surprised. I would definitely call it Taratino's best work (at least of those I've seen). It would have been far improved with a bit of the gore removed, however.

The tension building was brilliantly done. The acting and dialog couldn't have better. It was definitely an edge-of-the-seat movie. I have to say that the tavern scene is quite possibly now one of my favorite scenes in any movie ever.
But dudes:

THEY KILLED HITLER?!

That's a heck of a liberty to take with history. Tom Cruise let the little weasel escape in Valkyrie. (I did like the movie, but was kind of bothered by some of the oddly timed laughter in the audience. I think they just liked Pitts accent when they first heard it, but am not entirely sure).
The laughter is nervous tittering. The audience doesn't know if it's supposed to laugh during such a grim, suspenseful film. The laughter parts were pretty calculatingly put in, I believe.
It'll be a rental for me... so don't spoil it too much guys!!! Zombie03
Reference URL's