TheZombieGame.com Forums

Full Version: Woodinvale Revisited
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Hi braineaters!
I'm starting a new project I would like to share with the community. I call it "Woodinvale Revisited".

This project has two parts: the first one is about a complete visual redesign of the board from the main game and "Growing Hunger"; I mean, we know that "Last Night on Earth" keeps a magnificent aesthetic in all its components (cards, minis, etc), but honestly I consider that the weakest point is the board itself. Let's say that for being a zombie game we don't see gore at all, and I think that a game like this needs to show some blood... Lots of blood. Also, it's very hard to reproduce the graphics when designing customized accesories, and it bothers me to mix different visuals, which takes us to the second part of this project.

Besides of this redesign, I believe it would be interesting to explore zones from Woodinvale that we still haven't met. With layouts taken from "Blood in the Forest" for example, or even some new ones, we could explore new areas, buildings and scenarios. What do you think about a prison? A mall? A more urban area? A pub? Any suggestion is more than welcome.

For this project I'm using mainly three programs: Sweet Home 3D, to organize the contents from each building; 3ds Max, to make more mini modifications to the different models downloaded from Internet; and Photoshop, to put everything together and apply the last touch. I also intend to use Poser Pro, for the corpses and human remains, but this it's getting more complex than I expected. If someone knows about 3D modeling, I would appreciate your help.

For first sample, I give you the L-Shapped Board that contains the cornfield, the barn and the farmhouse with detailed views of the two main buildings. I know it will taKe long to put all this together but I hope you like this, and I wait for your comments.

Previews (lower quality)
[Image: parental_advisory.jpg]

The L-shaped board, with new graphics
[Image: woodinville_revisited.jpg]

Detailed view of the Barn
[Image: barn_detail.jpg]

Detailed view of the Farmhouse
[Image: farmhouse_detail.jpg]

Detailed view of the Hospital
[Image: Hospital1.jpg]

Detailed view of the new Hangar
[Image: Hangar_detail.jpg]

Detailed view of the General Store
[Image: general_store_detail.jpg]

That's fantastic work! Unfortunately I have little to no 3D skills to lend. My talents are in vector and bitmap.
This looks exciting, I will be keeping an eye on this one for sure!
Great stuff! Only work like this I've done has been with Sims 3's engine. Which isn't exportable/bloody.

Maybe if you use Blender instead of 3ds Max, you can get more help? Blender's free.

Sweet Home 3D -- seems cool! It's a FLOSS program; I didn't know that any like that had been made. I'll check it out.

I liked the original game boards, at least for base game and growing hunger. But, it would be nice to have a "board modding set" like this so you can more easily make a full set of game boards with changes.
(02-16-2015 03:33 PM)BigDumbYak Wrote: [ -> ]This looks exciting, I will be keeping an eye on this one for sure!
Thank you! Im rendering the hospital right now. And my girlfriend is taking care of the dinner :3 So you may expect some news very soon.

(02-16-2015 04:58 PM)mqstout Wrote: [ -> ]Great stuff! Only work like this I've done has been with Sims 3's engine. Which isn't exportable/bloody.

Maybe if you use Blender instead of 3ds Max, you can get more help? Blender's free.
Thanks! We are using 3ds Max, because its the only soft i know that can open .max files, which is the format for most of the free 3d models i found online. But anyone may help with Blender, im sure it can save files as .obj, .dae, or 3ds, that can be imported into Sweet Home 3d.
I absolutely love this!Zombie17
I will be following this. If it helps here's a thread with building suggestions http://www.thezombiegame.com/forums/Thre...your-games

Great work. An easy +1 Rep
I would like to thank you all for the kind words. Im glad you like it!
And i would like to apologise... i realize now that i changed the name of the town!
So, to be clear, my project is called "Woodinvale Revisited", not Woodinville Revisited Insane04

Besides, i added a new preview, this time of the Hospital, while still editing the rest of the board.
[Image: hospital_detail.jpg]
See you soon with more updates!
Love the Hospital I know it's just a preview but will the finished Hospital have squares on the board?

I could have my normal LNoE boards for the younger players and your boards for like 16+
Off course, i should ad some "parental advisory" to my boards Zombie02
(done Zombie17)

But i don't follow you when you ask if it will have squares... do you mean like the original board? off course! I'll build the full L-shaped board, with the pickups marks, squares, hangar and dinner, and in the same size of the originals. The idea is that you can replace the ones that come with the game completely. And after that, ad some new ones with the same aesthetics.
One small thing to remember, Aoniken: The game's set in the 80s. I'm seeing flat screen monitors. Watchmen02
(02-24-2015 03:54 PM)mqstout Wrote: [ -> ]One small thing to remember, Aoniken: The game's set in the 80s. I'm seeing flat screen monitors. Watchmen02

OMG! you're right, mqstout! i totally forgot about it! I think a correction is in order Zombie03
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Reference URL's