TheZombieGame.com Forums

Full Version: How do YOU choose your characters and villain?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Just curious how everyone chooses the villain they fight, and their characters, when they play? Anyone have any cool methods?

Up til now, we've been each drawing 2 character cards and picking one (giving some choice, but making it mostly random), and then choosing the villain at random.

Villain second so we don't get to cheat and pick the character that'd good at whupping it's ass.

Gonna have to change that up as I've been making new villains and heroes, and the cards they are on are easily distinguished. Might have to make a 'roll on this chart' thing.
For the Villains I have a deck of randomizer cards made up. There are three cards for each Villain...one for just the Shadowbrook board, one for the Echo Lake board and one for the Tidewater Village board. So each Villain has a chance to be played on just the base board, or the base board and one of either of the expansion boards.

The Villains that are specific to The Coast only have Tidewater Village cards...3 of them, so their chance of coming up in the random draw is the same as the others.

It works pretty well and by the time we are through the deck we'll have played each Villain three times. We are currently a little more than a third of the way through. I have to make new cards for Krampus now though.
(03-02-2015 10:31 PM)ATOEtalGeek Wrote: [ -> ]For the Villains I have a deck of randomizer cards made up. There are three cards for each Villain...one for just the Shadowbrook board, one for the Echo Lake board and one for the Tidewater Village board. So each Villain has a chance to be played on just the base board, or the base board and one of either of the expansion boards.

The Villains that are specific to The Coast only have Tidewater Village cards...3 of them, so their chance of coming up in the random draw is the same as the others.

It works pretty well and by the time we are through the deck we'll have played each Villain three times. We are currently a little more than a third of the way through. I have to make new cards for Krampus now though.

Whats the point of playing them "on a board"? I don't get it... or do you only use that board (or only that expansion)?
I'm dull. I just choose who I want to play as & who I want to fight. Watchmen02
(03-02-2015 10:49 PM)lorddamax Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-02-2015 10:31 PM)ATOEtalGeek Wrote: [ -> ]For the Villains I have a deck of randomizer cards made up. There are three cards for each Villain...one for just the Shadowbrook board, one for the Echo Lake board and one for the Tidewater Village board. So each Villain has a chance to be played on just the base board, or the base board and one of either of the expansion boards.

Whats the point of playing them "on a board"? I don't get it... or do you only use that board (or only that expansion)?

Not sure I understand your confusion. Maybe you're reading too much into what I said? And I didn't use the phrase "on a board" so I'm not sure what you're referring to. ?? Zombie12
Sadly we don't get to play A Touch of Evil as much as I'd like. Part of the reason being it always seems to take us too long. In my typical gaming group, we only have until the comic store closes. You'd think that is still enough, but we often don't get started immediately, and also often times start with a quick game first.

So, any time we have tried to play ATOE, we almost never wind up finishing it.

However, when we have played, we pretty much always pick the villain we want to face that day.

For heroes, we've either picked at random, or done the random draft thing where we pick two and select one of the two to keep. So, nothing all that fancy in either case.
(03-03-2015 07:10 PM)ATOEtalGeek Wrote: [ -> ]Not sure I understand your confusion. Maybe you're reading too much into what I said? And I didn't use the phrase "on a board" so I'm not sure what you're referring to. ?? Zombie12

You said you have three cards for each villain. One for the shadow took board, one for echo lake and one for the coast, so each villain has a "chance to be played on" those boards.

Confused how a villain is "played on" a board.

And if what you're saying is there's a chance you pull the necromancer, but due to the draw, you ONLY use the main board...? Not sure I get it. Why own the expansions if you don't use them, apparently at random?

Hence, confuze
Just pick everything at random.

About a year ago, I "upsized" the gaming table. For ATOE, all 3 boards boards, card decks and individual player's space is accommodated in comfort. So we set up... then just draw.

So it's rather uneventful and easy.
(03-03-2015 09:48 PM)lorddamax Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-03-2015 07:10 PM)ATOEtalGeek Wrote: [ -> ]Not sure I understand your confusion. Maybe you're reading too much into what I said? And I didn't use the phrase "on a board" so I'm not sure what you're referring to. ?? Zombie12

You said you have three cards for each villain. One for the shadow took board, one for echo lake and one for the coast, so each villain has a "chance to be played on" those boards.

Confused how a villain is "played on" a board.

And if what you're saying is there's a chance you pull the necromancer, but due to the draw, you ONLY use the main board...? Not sure I get it. Why own the expansions if you don't use them, apparently at random?

Hence, confuze

Take the Necromancer, for example. He has three cards in my deck. One that says Shadowbrook, one that says Echo Lake and one that says Tidewater Village.

If we draw the card that says Shadowbrook then we play him with just the main board. If we draw his Echo Lake card then we play with the main board and just the Something Wicked board added on. If we draw his Tidewater Village card we play with the main board and just the Coast board added on.

I've been comtemplating adding a card for each Villain that would have us using all three boards when drawn. Haven't gotten there yet.
Always random Characters and Villain for me.Zombie17
Reference URL's