TheZombieGame.com Forums

Full Version: Run for It!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
It's been a while since I got LNoE out of the box, but I played Defend the Manor House solo a couple of days ago and loved every minute of it again. I decided tonight to give this scenario, Run for It, a go. I got it from the FFP website.

If you're not familiar with it, you set up the Manor House surrounded by 4 Ls as usual, but then another two are added to the left hand side. This is where you need to get at least four or the six townsfolk out. They can move independently, unlike in other scenarios. I had Zombie horde (21), Free Search and whatever else the scenario asked for. I chose not to include Grave Weapons or Survival decks.

Maybe it was because of the free searches, but for whatever reason my townsfolk and heroes immediately split up into two flanks, completely ignoring the middle ground. The good Reverend and his chainsaw led the way on the near side, Sam and a revolver he couldn't shoot for toffee went the other. Four townsfolk chose to follow the faith, two mooched behind the short-order chef.

Here's an early scene where you'll see the two split groups:
[attachment=2813]

The combination of Christianity and American engineering can only get you so far, however. Luckily Miss Pretty the prom queen arrived to help out, armed with a sledgehammer. She never missed with the thing. Biceps of steel, that girl. Using a few well-found first aid kits, the left flank looked well set. It was slow progress down the right, though, as Sam and Johnny Football Hero met fierce resistance. Sam's fat fingers couldn't fit around the trigger and he finally lost it somewhere with barely a notch on it. Back on the left, though, the zombies cut the lights at the high school as you'll see below. It was too much for two of the townsfolk, who got eaten but slow. The others on the left decided to abandon the building and sneak up the middle.

[attachment=2814]

Amazingly, despite being both useless and wounded, Sam shepherded two of the townsfolk through on the right flank. Here you'll see him celebrate by legging it to the cornfield to hide, all the while chased by unerring zeds.

[attachment=2816]

They caught him, and he became a zombie hero. As a hero, I took his defection to be a good sign. Johnny perished, as did the good Reverend. Rachelle and Jenny showed up, as did the young student whose name escapes me. Rachelle shot a few, Jenny faffed around a bit, and the student started my masterplan of setting up a corridor for a quick sprint. You'll see what I mean, below. The principal has made it through, so I just needed one more.

[attachment=2817]

Everybody congregated near the pinch point in the middle. It was insane. I had the corridor sorted out, there were zeds everywhere but thanks to hunger they couldn't move, and all it needed was for my last remaining townsperson, Mr Hyde, to get his skates on. In two turns he rolled a 1 and a 1. The meat shield student got et, and that was that. It ended up looking like this. I swear this isn't stage managed.

[attachment=2818]

It was a long scenario, but a good one. I lost two townsfolk early and thought I had absolutely no chance. Zombie Hunger, wound-prevention and a few lucky rolls kept me in it right up to the end, though, when I perished with two turns to go having lost four heroes. I tell you, I could've won this.
Nice rep mate. i like the way you used pics to help explaine it all.

Nice work.
Great report. Just about every game I've ever had of LNoE has been close like yours.
Every time I return to this game, I appreciate just how good a story it is!

Something Zombicide rarely does - other than the inevitable back-stabbing to win.
Reference URL's