TheZombieGame.com Forums

Full Version: Is Flare / Hanger Broken?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
We've had some issues with the Flare + Hangar combiniation popping up in our game and totally making the game one-sided for the heroes. Especially in the Defend the Mansion & Die Zombies Die scenarios.

Swarming the building eventually gets the hero out (or kills them) but the issue is that the hero can pick-up & kill a zombie each turn with the flare gun ( with a range of 4!)

Any ideas.

Sorry if this has been posted elsewhere... I wasn't able to find it.
Don't forget you can only use the Signal Flare once per Hero Turn.

For example Johnny could Pick Up the Signal Flare in the Hanger then fire it then it's discarded. Billy could then Pick Up the Flare but he couldn't fire it on this Turn.

Also remember you don't have to walk your Zombies like lambs to the slaughter towards the Hanger. Why don't you hide your Zombies and don't let them get the 15 kill victory condition?

Here is a quote from Jason C. Hill
'No single copy of an 'Item' card may be used by more than one Hero in the same turn. You MAY use a Pick Up: to get an Item just discarded back, but cannot then use it again this same turn.'
http://boardgamegeek.com/article/1772527#1772527

I hope this helps Watchmen02
But in addition to samuraitrev's clarification: yes, it's brutal for the ZP if that comes up. Some scenarios work around it, but most don't.
Recently I've found that I don't use the hanger for most games since I'm the one usually setting up the boards. This also removes the other extremely powerful building from play. (Hospital) Which if you get the one healing event card into the discard pile can end up healing a wound every turn...

I do feel a little bad doing this, but w/ a couple of the guys I play with, they will search for things they can exploit and then do so...
Hey, your house, your rules.Watchmen02

I always keep all the board sections in. If the Heroes catch a break, fair play to them. The Heroes need some breaks as it's quite tough for them to win (we've found).

We always play random Scenario, random Heroes, random Board Sections.
This keeps the game fresh. Every game plays differently. Plus it helps to iron out any exploits (as you put it). Personally I don't think the use of the Hospital/First Aid or the Hanger/Signal Flare are game breakers.

Happy gamingZombie17
Reference URL's