TheZombieGame.com Forums

Full Version: Hidden objectives
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi guys. After exchanging posts with August700212, I have decided to start this thread.

In Dead of Winter (another pretty cool zombie themed game), the players incarnate humans in a post-zapocaliptic world, and are confined in a prison (much like in season 3 in The Walking Dead). Every turn they must upkeep the place, and go outside and search for staff, including food, guns etc in different areas. Each player has many heroes which will die relatively fast, but many others will come over to keep the play. Now the cool thing, is that this game is a co-op, where all the players have a general objective (to survive and something else...), but also, each player has it’s own secret objective.

I was wondering, how cool this would be in LNOE.

Any thoughts on this one?

As a starter I was thinking on providings the cards with secret objectives... and ading tokens to look at in buildings. Missions could include finding some staff or several staff, getting all other heroes killed, killing a number of zombies, or getting some (this could be our last night on earth!!).
HAHA!! I love the idea of "getting some (this could be our last night on earth!!" as a hidden objective although this would be difficult to achieve. A possibility of a betrayer could be interesting but this would require using PvP rules as well.

Brainstorming ideas:
End what game with no gun
Have at least two guns
Have no melee weapons
Have at least 2 melee weapons
Two heroes dead
Win with Zombies (3 heroes dead)
Win with Zombies (each other hero player has 1 dead hero (3 total))
Kill the most zombies
Pacifist (Kill no zombies)
Pyro (have at least 3 fires burning at end of game)
End the game in a building
End the game in the center board
End the game outside
End the game on map edge
End the game with unused scenario item
Have the most items
Have no weapons
Have no event cards in hand
Have no items
Most hero upgrades
Get two hero upgrades fully upgraded
Have ammo
Fully barricade a building
End game inside a fully barricaded building
Kill more than 1 zombie in a single turn
Heal all 3 another players
End the game with healing cards/equipment
Great ideas August!

I was thinking about putting a token per building. Each letter/token has an objective card. The first time a hero gets into that building, he may take the objective card. A hero cannot take more than one card, although a player can have different objectives for each of the heroes he or she controls. Whenever a hero already having a hidden objective it’s the first to get into a second building, then, this hero can remove the hidden objective card and choose whether to:

a) Look at the top 10 cards in the zombie deck, and put them back in any order on the top or the bottom of the pile. Skip your turn.
b) Look at the top 5 cards in the hero deck. Take one, and put back the other in any order at the top of the deck or in the discard pile. Skip your turn.

When there are 2 hero players, each player can have 2 different objectives.

This way, heroes have some control on the odds of some cards appearing on the game. The "skip the rest of the turn" is to avoid OP these cards for a hero winning condition (the standard one).

All players would be keeping an eye on each other, and even the zombie player may be helping a particualr player without knowing...

Some additional ideas:

Objective card: “Gold digger”. Whenever a hero that you do not control possesses 3 or more item cards, and you start your turn in the same space as this hero, you may reveal this card. You can take all the items that hero owns. Winning condition: Get outside the map without getting in the same space as that hero.

Objective card: “Revenge” You hated that bastard/bitch. You’d be glad he’d be turned as he deserves, then you’ll get the pleasure to presence twice it’s death. Winning condition: Kill a Zombie hero. After you can either abandon the city with a gun, or hero victory must be met.

Objective card: “Secret refuge”. You may have obtained very valuable information... unfortunately only one person may profit from it, too bad for your (dead) friends. Winning condition: Heroes victory must be met. The hero must own a citizen card, and show this card.
I love this idea.

Especially getting some folks to work together while others are working against each other. We were playing the "Escape in the Truck" scenario and several students were attacking the other heroes to STEAL the keys from them. Hero VS Hero attack was very entertaining.
Reference URL's