TheZombieGame.com Forums

Full Version: Future Expansion Decks
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So I was looking at the cards for the Hero Pack today, and a horrible thought crossed my mind:

Flying Frog is already painting themselves into a corner.

As if it wasn't already apparent from the fretting about release schedules from the people who only play one game vs the people that play all the games, and the fretting about the prices from the people who think the impending Last Night on Earth expansions are too pricey vs the people who prefer it all divvied up...

We now have two boards for A Touch of Evil: Shadowbrook and Echo Lake.

Say Flying Frog makes a new expansion, be it a card deck available online or a small box expansion, whichever.

They decide to include new event cards, new mystery cards, cards for the Abandoned Keep, Manor, Old Woods and Windmill. Soooo...we have Echo Lake.

If they don't include cards for The Inn, The Monastery and The Forgotten Island, then the Echo Lake board is being neglected and there will be complaints. If they DO include cards for them, then people that don't have Something Wicked complain about how X amount of this expansion is unusable by them.

Poor guys...can't say as I envy them...though I expect we will get an answer on this sooner rather than later as the latest hint mentions The Suffian Crypt, which is a Monastery card.
TB your thinking about this too much:P The next expansion must take us to the Sea as the SWTHC Board has a to The Coast arrow.So I guess that could be the last board expansion
(talk about painting oneself in a courner:rolleyes: ) as
where would you go once you hit the sea??

I do hope they add some new Elders .

OD
The expansion issue could well come up if they decide to do another Hero Pack (calling this Hero Pack 1 kinda tips that hat) or a small expansion ala The Madness or Allies...just saying...=)
They probably have it planned to release one more expansion and terminate the product. There's not a lot to be done -- it stands well on its own already. I'd rather they move on to other possibilities, as well.

(But yes, sometimes developers do paint themselves into corners. This happened pretty grossly in the online video game Guild Wars, when they basically said each new expansion had to add new classes, and skills for all the existing ones...)
They could always release a mini expansion for the SW board. Can only add items to the Inn Monastery and Island. Then people who only have the first board won't have to buy it. Which would be nice since those decks are a bit thin compared to the other decks now.
As far as this "Coast Expansion" I do hope very much that it is like a half expansion with a half board maybe. A long road up the coast to an old Lighthouse. Maybe just two Corner Locations. Lighthouse and...uhm... a cove? or a cave? Anyway. I used to play on a foldout card table until Something Wicked this way came. Now I am on my coffee table and sit on the floor. If another Full sized board comes then i will have to play on the floor completely!
I also wouldn't be opposed to a mini expansion that included a board piece maybe a fourth of the original board between the crossroads and Echo Lake. maybe just a long road and a Corner Location of a Farmhouse to investigate.

Anywho... I think the Frog could go a long way with ATOE and get rich off all us fanboys easy. lol
mqstout Wrote:They probably have it planned to release one more expansion and terminate the product. There's not a lot to be done -- it stands well on its own already. I'd rather they move on to other possibilities, as well.

(But yes, sometimes developers do paint themselves into corners. This happened pretty grossly in the online video game Guild Wars, when they basically said each new expansion had to add new classes, and skills for all the existing ones...)

Again, they could still do a ton of stuff with new monsters, villains and heroes...as they are proving with recent releases, a new expansion doesn't have to have a new gameboard.
I misread the Topic:shy: about Decks & went off about
the next Board Expansion.But yes FFP can keep AToE
going with new cards for all the Decks plus
other Villains & Heros.And again new Elders PLEASEZombie03

I still would like to see AToE go down town & have a board
set in a period City like Philly or Boston,Charleston.It
could be a stand alone Game.

OD
Reference URL's