TheZombieGame.com Forums

Full Version: "POW Rescue" ~ Custom Scenario
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I know this is rough, but bear with me.

In class, we did a different take on the characters. Red Zombies became Taliban and we used 'Army men' for the Heros; OG Zombies were, well, OG Zombies.

The basic premise is that a special operations team lands in a town in Afghanistan. The town has been using chemical weapons on its own people and effectively turning them into zombies. The US's role to to safely extract the POWs (non-zombie townsfolk) placed around the board while battling Taliban and Zombies. Tactics and Stealth rolls (and roles, LOL) are huuuuge in this scenario. The Taliban does NOT know the US is coming, hence the importance of tactics and stealth.

Anyway, please be brutally honest as far as the scenario. We haven't flushed out all of the idiosyncrasies as far as hero/ zombie cards and the once or twice we've played has just been a "get 'em and git" type scenario.

Basics
Teams
Since we have a group of about 12 or so that play, we generally divide up into 6v6 or 5v5 with 2 Zombie players. Zombies may attack both Taliban or US forces and become a nuisance during battle. For added fun, Zombies cannot be killed by ranged attacks and may respawn. Watchmen02

Searching buildings
We try and use as large a table as we can with every building (LNoE and Growing Hunger). The numbered and lettered markers are hidden in the buildings. Letters are townsfolk; Numbers are IEDs. If you land on a number you have to roll a D6 higher than the number you turned over to disable the IED and not incur a wound.

We also use Exploration tokens in each building. If you turn over a "free search" token you automatically move to that LNoE marker in the building you are currently located in. On your next turn you turn over the marker and continue play (similar to regular 'Search' rules). Yet, if you land on a Surprise Attack marker, regular zombie rules come into play.

Battle
Each character has their own unique ability. Like I said early, we haven't come up with rules/ etc for Hero/Zombie cards.

US team goes first, Taliban are on patrol and go second, Zombie Players go last.

Winning
US team secures all POWs and exfils successfully
Taliban kills enough US team members to prevent exfil
Zombies kill all Taliban and US Forces

I know it's rough but I'll attach the scenario and characters we created in additional posts. It's a bunch so have fun. Insane20

US Forces:
[Image: Squad%20Leader%203_zpstltq7aul.jpg]
[Image: Breacher_zpscwvisian.jpg]
[Image: Medic2_zpsw7qugzwy.jpg]
[Image: SniperLarge%202_zpsno5v9jgz.jpg]
[Image: SAW%20Gunner_zpsz6xlkdhd.jpg]
[Image: Soldier%203_zpshly90q2f.jpg]
This sounds exactly awesome. Can't wait to see the development and detail.
(05-19-2016 01:34 PM)ATOEtalGeek Wrote: [ -> ]This sounds exactly awesome. Can't wait to see the development and detail.

Thanks mang.

Here's the card:
[Image: GetThemOutAlive_zps8sz5i6q3.jpg]
(05-19-2016 01:17 PM)Billy Bones Wrote: [ -> ]On a roll of 6, one other target in the same or adjacent space is hit.

Can this hit your teammate? if so, should you take out the "Any team member in that space is unaffected" for the Military Shotgun?

I always hated no friendly fire in games like Call of Duty. People need to pick their shots and not pull the trigger at anything that moves. This could also be used to accidently hit a POW/Townsfolk.

For consistence with game rules, 1D6/2 can be replaced with D3. I also would use +D6 in mean add an extra die instead of +1D6 which may also be read as adding 1 to a D6 roll.

I love the scenario idea and custom characters. I would like to see some game reports. It sounds like you need all the building tiles to make this scenario work best. No way you are ding this one in 90 minutes!
(05-19-2016 02:27 PM)August700212 Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-19-2016 01:17 PM)Billy Bones Wrote: [ -> ]On a roll of 6, one other target in the same or adjacent space is hit.

Can this hit your teammate? if so, should you take out the "Any team member in that space is unaffected" for the Military Shotgun?

I always hated no friendly fire in games like Call of Duty. People need to pick their shots and not pull the trigger at anything that moves. This could also be used to accidently hit a POW/Townsfolk.

I like that a lot. More realistic. I'll edit that.

(05-19-2016 02:27 PM)August700212 Wrote: [ -> ]For consistence with game rules, 1D6/2 can be replaced with D3. I also would use +D6 in mean add an extra die instead of +1D6 which may also be read as adding 1 to a D6 roll.

I meant that as a D6 divided by two. You are effectively 'fireman's carrying' someone or 'draping' them over your shoulder. That would slow you down, but that person may be able to fire a weapon.

(05-19-2016 02:27 PM)August700212 Wrote: [ -> ]I love the scenario idea and custom characters. I would like to see some game reports. It sounds like you need all the building tiles to make this scenario work best. No way you are ding this one in 90 minutes!

Yeah. This may have to be an 'afterschool special'. LOL.

Thanks for the edits!
Reference URL's