TheZombieGame.com Forums

Full Version: What Happened on September 4th, 1956...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Has anyone delved into the mythology hidden within the game about what happened in 1956? About Sally's mother and the Old Widowcrest Asylum...

I've just really tapped into this aspect of the game tonight, and I am sitting here by myself pouring through cards and rulebooks and uncovering this mystery within the game, and I am amazed at what is here.

I am almost worried that an undead creature is going to bust through the walls of my house any second to prevent me from disclosing these dark secrets.
Tons of lore all over. If you don't have Survival of the Fittest, there are some more hints there on some of the items in the Unique Items deck. Maybe not to that specifically, but to background in general. They've left it all purposefully open-ended so you can do with it as you see fit.
Very cool.
We know the date of the earlier Zombie breakout, but is there anything you're aware of that gives a year or approximate year for when the current game is actually taking place?
It's "80s".
Hmmmm... September 4, 1956:

From the omnipotent Googs: "It was Tuesday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican). In the UK 'Whatever Will Be Will Be (Que Sera Sera)' by Doris Day was in the top 5 hits. Beyond a Reasonable Doubt, directed by Fritz Lang, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1956 while Don'T Go Near The Water by William Brinkley was one of the best selling books."

Oh, and 14 years later Salvador Allende is elected President of Chile.

But I'm assuming none of this is relevant.

Sooooo... enjoy this virtual beer. Watchmen02

[Image: Dogfish-Head-90-Minute-IPA1.jpg]
(05-24-2016 01:05 PM)mqstout Wrote: [ -> ]It's "80s".

Thanks. 1956 + 25 (the time Father Joseph has been in the area) gives an earliest possible date of 1981, so I was suspecting sometime in the 80's, otherwise Jake Cartwright would end up being too old, since he was around when the earlier incident occurred.
(05-24-2016 06:27 PM)jeffd1830 Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-24-2016 01:05 PM)mqstout Wrote: [ -> ]It's "80s".

Thanks. 1956 + 25 (the time Father Joseph has been in the area) gives an earliest possible date of 1981, so I was suspecting sometime in the 80's, otherwise Jake Cartwright would end up being too old, since he was around when the earlier incident occurred.

Cartwright has always been around.
Cartwright is forever
I did this article a while ago collecting many facts and hints from all available expansions. Take a look and learn even more about Woodinvale and its secrets... http://www.thezombiegame.com/forums/Thre...Woodinvale
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's