TheZombieGame.com Forums

Full Version: [LNoE] [Campaign] Supply Run & Defend the Manor House
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
We started playing our first campaign using the Campaign Mode with Bloodline Hero rules.

We had everything except Timber Peak mixed in.

The following Hero Pool was chosen:

Sister Ophelia, Rachelle, Kenny, Stacy, Father Joseph, Jade, Victor, and Mr. Goddard.

Supply Run was chosen as the first scenario. We decided to do a "Manor House" campaign, at least up until the point at which the Manor House might be destroyed later. We shuffled Forest Boards in with the normal L Boards. A forest board (with the cliff) was in the southeast corner, and three regular town boards were the other corners. We allowed number counters to be placed on a numbered Forest space when chosen at random, with the assumptions that heroes can give up their move to reveal it, even though you can't normally search in this square. (Since you can pick up supplies dropped by someone in any square later, this seemed to make some sense.) So, we ended up with one number counter in a forest single-space building, and one in the forest space adjacent to it. The other four were distributed into normal buildings on the other board sections.

SUPPLY RUN

At the beginning of the first scenario, one played started with Victor and Stacy as their Active Heroes, and the other started with Rachelle and Kenny.

After reading the scenario (gather 12 supplies into the Manor house, and have more Heroes than Zombies there to win), the Heroes assumed this would be a quite difficult task.

The Heroes started with an incredible amount of luck. Their first five dice rolls were "6" followed by a pathetic two "1's" from the Zombies, which gave the Heroes the advantage and the ability to get all four heroes out of the fully barricaded Manor house and into other buildings to begin accomplishing scenario objectives.

At the top of the second round, the Kenny and Rachelle were waiting on the forest board, and they both got to reveal number counters, which were, if I recall correctly, a 5 and a 3.

The other two heroes revealed a 6 and umm, maybe it was a 2 or 4. At any rate, plenty of supplies had been revealed for them to begin collecting, and all the Heroes soon had picked up 1 Supply token each.

ZP began focusing on keeping the Heroes from returning to the Manor House.

Kenny made a heroic run from the forest into the Manor, and used Dynamite to blow up a couple of Zombies who were about to break in.

A locked door card was played which provided some mild annoyance to the Heroes, but they soon got inside and won this first scenario in a landslide.

The survivors of this scenario kept the following status:

Kenny: 3 unspent XP.
Stacy: 1 XP.
Victor: 1 XP + "I Don't Trust 'Em" affliction, which had not yet been removed.

The zombies retained 1 unspent XP.

The Heroes chose "Defend the Manor House" (rather than "Burn it to the Ground") as the next scenario.

DEFEND THE MANOR HOUSE

A forest board was on the northwest side, and another on the northeast (the one with the cliff), bringing two yellow optional spawning pits very close to the inside edge (and thus very close to the Manor house's northwest door.) I believe another forest board was in the southeast corner, and there was normal town board at the southwest.

Victor and Stacy headed to the radio tower at the top of the cliff. They wanted to try to search and, on high searches, were drawing Survival Tactics in hopes of getting the "Barricade the Windows" (I think? The one that adds free barricade/reinforcements.) tactic to help protect the Manor House from infestation. The remaining two heroes began trying to roll 4+'s to barricade the walls closest to the yellow optional pits, and Rachelle used her ranged weapon to pick off Zombies from the close pit square itself, while Kenny kept the others stuck repeatedly attempting to go through his barricade. He had quite a bit of success in keeping them out.

Since the required (red) pit was in the southwest corner, Zombies began to accumulate there as well, and a diagonal line of undead was marching towards the unprotected, southwest corner of the Manor House. Eventually Rachelle moved there to defend against this line of Zombies, while Kenny held off the others.

Victor & Stacy had some brown chicken brown cow ("This could be our last night on earth...") in the radio tower. After which, the ZP got a card which made a Zombie Hero arise in the same square as them. This Zombie Hero was drawn from the unused cards, and ended up being Sam, the Diner Cook. (This means Sam was now eliminated from potentially joining the hero Pool later in the campaign.)

Victor used the Chainsaw to kill Zombie Sam by the second round he was on the board, and continued to acquire XP and gained a number of useful upgrades. He reached a very tank-like status, and was able to start clearing out the south half of the board before the Zombies there could reach the Manor House.

The game almost seemed like a stale-mate, there were so many rounds left (I think about 14 at this point), and the two strings of Zombies approaching the manor kept getting picked off by ranged attacks.

Finally, ZP managed to put a Grave Weapon on the board in the same space as Victor, blood spray, that took out from a distance, causing an infection on Victor that would cause him to potentially become a Zombie Hero upon taking his next wound.

Victor ran off, to avoid taking this wound, but the ZP played another card that added this same type of infection on Victor a second time.

Victor's player declared that he was going to spend his XP on an additional upgrade, and drawing from the special deck, he was hoping for something that would remove a Zombie Remains in Play card, so that he could get a clean bill of health.

Astoundingly, he drew the correct card. If I remember right, he now had a chance on any search (or maybe kill?) of rolling a high number to remove any Zombie Remains in Play card.

He removed one of those infections, but the other one ended up being his demise, as he rolled his chance and failed, turned into a Zombie Hero. Victor would now never see a future scenario. Jade was randomly drawn to take his place.

A grave weapon was played on Victor, and and over the next couple rounds more grave weapons started coming out. Kenny kept shooting at Victor, which allowed the stream of ordinary zombies to keep trying to roll 4+ to pass through a barricade into the Manor House. A couple of Zombies got inside and were then equipped with Grave Weapons. The Heroes wiped these out very quickly, however.

Eventually, a couple of guns were lost in tragic break checks and with the help of a Zombie card, and there were 2 or 3 rounds left in the game. It was now a close call. Would 9 Zombies get inside before the sun rose?

A zombie took out Rachelle. Since it was a normal blow, she suffered a Critical Wound (removed from play) and Mr. Goddard took her place. A Superzombie was also born. Eventually Jade was critically wounded, and was replaced by Father Joseph.

The sunrise happened, and the Heroes, what remained of them, survived.

I realize now that Victor, Jade, and Rachelle all perished, and I don't know if the scenario listed three or four hero deaths as a Zombie Win. But, I was playing as if it was four, and so we counted this as a Hero win. (I hope that was right........ Now I'm kicking myself for not thinking of this.)

The survivors of this scenario kept the following status:

Kenny: 6 XP. (4 unspent + 2 traded-in upgrades.)
Stacy: 2 unspent XP.

Victor: Permanent death, after having been a Zombie Hero.
Sam was permanently eliminated from the unchosen Heroes.

The ZP kept the Ravenous upgrade.

TO BE CONTINUED!!!
Reference URL's