TheZombieGame.com Forums

Full Version: Beer Run
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Had a few friends over this weekend. I wanted to introduce them to the game, so I scaled things back and just went over the very basics. They got used to the cards and movement (searching) pretty quickly. I made them a little scenario which ended up being kinda ironic and hilarious.

We called it "Beer Run." I added some embellishments as I wrote it up but the game went pretty much as follows:

"Early summer. Beer. Lots of beer.
Sadly, you’re running out of beer. You’re going to have to make a beer run. And avoid zombies. Good luck with that. Just don’t forget the beer.
"

Objective: Get to the grocery store and back with beer (identified as the briefcase).
Set-up: Start with the mansion at one end and set up the town with the supermarket at the other end. All heroes will start in the mansion. Place the “L” boards together to form a long ‘narrow’ street. Place Kenny in the supermarket. He cannot be killed. He is a half-dead late shift working teenager anyway.
You are out of cash. You and your friends must search for items to take to the Antique Shop to pawn for cash to then buy beer
Rules:
-All zombies (re)spawn in stores
-No zombie event cards
-No hero event cards
-Antique Shop will pawn items
-“Alcohol impairs judgement”:
• No vehicles allowed
• Heroes may not use power tools (chain saw, circular saw, etc) in a fight; they may pawn them for $$$
• Heroes may not use firearms; they may pawn them for $$$
-Hero Movement: D6: 3+ move normally; 1-2 you can only ‘stumble’ laterally, not forward
-Heroes may pawn items that are found in buildings. When pawned, the item is removed from the game and a number marker is given to the Hero who pawned that item. When six markers are collected (effectively $6), the heroes can make their way to the supermarket to buy beer (briefcase).
-Kenny must receive all six numerical tokens (at one time) to sell the briefcase of beer. The number of heroes providing the tokens doesn’t matter (rules on sharing items comes into play as normal).
-Get the beer back to the mansion ASAP!
-Zombies win if the Hero carrying the beer is killed.
-Heroes win if the beer makes it back to the mansion safely (even if mildly shaken up).

It was pretty funny to see who didn't want the beer when it came time to buy it. Talk about rolling poorly for movement...
That sounds incredibly fun! Nice job!
Reference URL's