TheZombieGame.com Forums

Full Version: Rescue Mission Fortune
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So we played a solid 7hrs of LNOE yesterday with a good buddy and both our better halves.

I normally play zombies as the others have only played a hand full of times but opted for heroes to keep it fresh.

We were fortunate enough to be in a building that was 6 spaces exactly from the Safehouse to the Townsfolk building. So we opted to stay in the safehouse searching for ranged weapons until we rolled a 6. And did the very same on the way back. Due to the constant searching we were finding enough guns to fend the zombies off our barricades. Also had an ed baker with a revolver and chainsaw who was fortunate to start with the upgrade allowing you to shoot twice. He quickly got experience with his 2 shots per turn and soon had a prevent all wounds on a roll of 4+ boosted upgrade.

Oh and Sherriff Anderson had a fence post Watchmen02

This was the most one sided match I've ever played and I found it to be quite funny. So much so I found myself scouring the rule book for something we were doing wrong as it seemed so much in favour of the heroes.

A couple of things, we used door markers on top of the barricades to show where they were.

With the doors that are fully reinforced, is it really that heroes can use them but zombies can not? Seems a little odd.

Also at one point we had an old Betsy, and in this mission the zombie player puts 3 spawn points on the centre of the board, is it ok to put old Betsy on a spawning pit? Or in this case 3 in the same space lol

I have missed things in the rule book before so sorry if these are covered somewhere just thought someone might know off the top of their heads?

Stay feral

Dan

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
(11-27-2016 06:21 AM)the_munt Wrote: [ -> ]With the doors that are fully reinforced, is it really that heroes can use them but zombies can not? Seems a little odd.

Hi Munt,

Wow! So, you got Barricades on every wall of the building then got 3 Reinforcement tokens on each wall to make it Fully Reinforced? I almost feel sorry for those poor hungry Zombies. The Zombies can still try to get through any door (or wall). They need to roll a 4+.

Don't get bogged down about Zombies using doors. Thematically the Heroes are barring the door and yanking survivors through at the last second then bolting it again. Doors don't mean a thing to Zombies and are treated exactly the same as a wall space. Zombies can move through them diagonally or straight. Thematically (again) the dead are coming through the walls, doors, windows, floors etc.

hope this helpsWatchmen02

(11-27-2016 06:21 AM)the_munt Wrote: [ -> ]Also at one point we had an old Betsy, and in this mission the zombie player puts 3 spawn points on the centre of the board, is it ok to put old Betsy on a spawning pit? Or in this case 3 in the same space lol

From the card

'At any time, discard to place Old Betsy in any space on the board.'

Yes, Old Betsy can be placed on a Spawning Pit. It's up to you to decide what happens to Old Betsy after the Zombies roll a 5+.....

Hope this helpsWatchmen02
(11-27-2016 10:21 PM)samuraitrev Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-27-2016 06:21 AM)the_munt Wrote: [ -> ]With the doors that are fully reinforced, is it really that heroes can use them but zombies can not? Seems a little odd.

Hi Munt,

Wow! So, you got Barricades on every wall of the building then got 3 Reinforcement tokens on each wall to make it Fully Reinforced? I almost feel sorry for those poor hungry Zombies. The Zombies can still try to get through any door (or wall). They need to roll a 4+.

Don't get bogged down about Zombies using doors. Thematically the Heroes are barring the door and yanking survivors through at the last second then bolting it again. Doors don't mean a thing to Zombies and are treated exactly the same as a wall space. Zombies can move through them diagonally or straight. Thematically (again) the dead are coming through the walls, doors, windows, floors etc.

hope this helpsWatchmen02

(11-27-2016 06:21 AM)the_munt Wrote: [ -> ]Also at one point we had an old Betsy, and in this mission the zombie player puts 3 spawn points on the centre of the board, is it ok to put old Betsy on a spawning pit? Or in this case 3 in the same space lol

From the card

'At any time, discard to place Old Betsy in any space on the board.'

Yes, Old Betsy can be placed on a Spawning Pit. It's up to you to decide what happens to Old Betsy after the Zombies roll a 5+.....

Hope this helpsWatchmen02

Thanks mate, that means we were playing correctly!

It was always going to be a tough mission for the zombies but our roll random building putting us a mere 6 spaces away from Safe House to Safety was awesome. Not a single zombie removed a single reinforcement and we also played that card that makes every zombie on a space return to the zombie pool on a roll of something, first turn. It was genuinely laughable.

All in all I think it was just ridiculously lucky.
Reference URL's