TheZombieGame.com Forums

Full Version: Shorter/Faster Game - Ideas?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm looking for some way to speed up the game in a balanced way for both heroes and zombies, to reduce the amount of time it takes so a that a game can be more easily squeezed into a limited time slot, and i want to make sure the variation chosen would would work with most scenario types. Does anyone have any ideas? Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Hm. I've never found the game taking too long once you've gotten to know the rules.

You can look at options from Growing Hunger's "dot" system to try to find a balance. Hero Starting Cards would be a good start, with something appropriate to match the zombies.

You can also avoid the scenarios that are big on scenario search items (e.g., Escape in the Truck). They're always very fast, or very slow, depending on the size of your decks.

Unfortunately, there are a lot of scenarios -- good ones -- that rely on going their full length, such as Defend the Manor House.
Yeah. We usually expect scenario time to be about 2.5 hours, counting setup time. We want to try to clock in around 1 hour. I was considering dot system stuff, but trying to decide what would impact run time, especially for the zombie side, is challenging. For heroes, I was imagining just giving one extra search every time a regular search happens. For zombies, I'm not as confident. Maybe every normal wound to a hero has a D6 roll of 5+ chance to cause an additional wound, this would lead towards faster "kill 3 heroes" style wins, something similar to which is always a zombie victory condition.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reference URL's