TheZombieGame.com Forums

Full Version: Intro, just been turned
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,
In just bought this game at a local con. Could. It help myself. I've seen the game before but never played it. I was so excited I did some searches and saw people painting the minis. I have never painted minis before so I decided before I played that I would paint at least the zombies. Six days later I'm done and now it time to play. I am so glad I came upon this community of LNOE gamers to share ideas. Super psyched!
Welcome to TZG- A big part of our Membership are LNoE Fans so you'll find a lot of material for painting.
Hey is that a Watermellon?

OD
Thanks. And yes that is a watermelon. But I didn't paint that. Watchmen02
Nice! you based them with separate patterns, a good way to tell them apart if you ever play with 2 ZP.
Exactly. After I painted them I realized I could not tell the green one from the brown ones. I thought about just painting half of the bases green but I saw some had grass on there bases. I'm glad I took the extra step with the gravel and the grass. I have to admit, I have been enjoying painting the minis.
Great job on the minis. Welcome to this awesome hobby. Just inspired me to paint more Zombie figures.

+1 Rep
Looking good,welcome aboard.
I see a sonny crocket(Miami vice) zombie in the white ...lol
Did you seal them after painting?
I always use a matte finish to protect them.
Now get moving on those heroes.
Thank you. Miami zombie was not intentional. My wife pointed it out to me too. I call him Larry ,as in Leisure Suit Larry. I sealed it with a minwax stain and sealer (Polyshades). It brought out the detail and sealed at once. But I didn't like the shiny look so I sprayed them with dullcoat. That make the colors and details come out even better. I didn't expect the dullcoat to make so much of a difference. I've started on the heros but they seem more difficult. I want to get them as close to the game pics as posible.
(06-23-2017 05:33 AM)Spinx Wrote: [ -> ]Thank you. Miami zombie was not intentional. My wife pointed it out to me too. I call him Larry ,as in Leisure Suit Larry. I sealed it with a minwax stain and sealer (Polyshades). It brought out the detail and sealed at once. But I didn't like the shiny look so I sprayed them with dullcoat. That make the colors and details come out even better. I didn't expect the dullcoat to make so much of a difference. I've started on the heros but they seem more difficult. I want to get them as close to the game pics as posible.

Well they look great nicely done.
Reference URL's