TheZombieGame.com Forums

Full Version: How do You store Your game?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Last week I bought Blood in the forest and Survival of the fittest expansions (before got TP only). Now I've got 3 boxes of stuff what is not very convenient in use. How do You store all of this?
Currently, I use 2 boxes. I load one with the boards, and Character cards, and whatever will fit in the square space mad by the boards, then the rest goes in the other box. Nothing elaborate, unfortunately.
No solution for me as yet I just pack everything into the four main big boxes.
Main LNOE box: All the boards/tiles.
Hero Pack 1 box: Hero sheets, miniatures, etc.
Survival of the Fittest box: Scenario sheets, misc tokens tokens, etc.
Grave Dead Box: All the zombie miniatures, and related zombie player tokens.
https://www.amazon.com/Ultra-2-Piece-Sto...0002TT3JI/ One of these for the various card decks.

Obviously the boxes have had their original inserts discarded.
I have a sort of tackle box kind of thing (meant for screws, nails, nuts and bolts, stuff like that) for all the miniatures and some of the tokens. Then, everything else leftover fits in one of the main boxes. It's kind of annoying having to carry around two clunky boxes, but so much easier than carrying around all of them.
I have an elaborate method of packing everything into two boxes. (This will probably change again when my 10AE and HP2 arrive.)

But, the main piece of advice I have, if you want to copy something I did that works well is this:

I have two Plano Pro-Latch 3500 tackle boxes that I got from Walmart. They can stack on top of each other and fit into one of the LNoE boxes, with quite a bit of spare room around them. I use them as organizers for tokens and dice. One box for "primarily Zombie things", and one box for "primarily Hero things." This way it's easy to start playing, and these boxes can sit on opposite sides of the table alongside the players so tokens can be taken from them directly and placed back into them when no longer being used.

(Along with these two tackle boxes, I also fit the card decks into the same box, each contained in a ultra pro deck box or two (various sizes), and all the Hero and Scenario cards. In a second box, I keep all the boards, the rulebooks, the soundtrack CD, and any odds and ends that didn't fit into the first box. I use separate, larger tackle boxes to carry my custom painted miniatures in, though if I had them unpainted, I would just keep them grouped in drawstring felt bags in this second box, and they would fit there fine.)

But, regardless of how you store your other stuff, using two token organizers is the most important thing, in my opinion. I really notice the difference when my group decides to play Invasion from Outer Space where all the tokens are jumbled around loose in the original box and we have to take them out and lay them on the table, then pick them up and put them back afterwards.

My Zombie box includes:

Grave weapon tokens, extra spawning pits, green spawn points, number counters, ABCD counters, radioactive ooze, lights out and taken over (I had to physically alter the box by cutting out a permanent divider to have a compartment large enough for these ones), five dice, and also half of the wound and experience tokens, for convenience. The reason I put the number counters and ABCD counters in the Zombie Box, is that in my group, the Zombie Player is typically the person in charge of reading out loud and setting up the scenario on the board... often me, lol.

My Hero box includes:

Free search/exploration counters, gas counters (and other square counters for scenario items), sewer lids, townsfolk counters, pilot/faith/ammo/supply, barricades, half of the wound and experience tokens, and three sets of five colored dice (I got a different color for each player to use), sun track position ring and scenario position ring.

Hope that helps!
Yes, You help a lot. I sadly see at least two boxes necessary.

I will try something like this:
http://www.sklep-onyks.pl/pl/p/Insert-pa...Zima/13050

It's dedicated for Dead of Winter, but should be suitable for LNOE too.
That looks like a pretty great organizer! If you do get it, be sure to post photos once you're done organizing so we can see how it works out!
I've bought 10 years anniversary edition and now put everything into the one big box. Perfect! Watchmen02
If I've painted figures I store then in separate boxes ( plastic shoe )
otherwise just in the Game box. I usually keep Expansions in their own boxes.

OD
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's