TheZombieGame.com Forums

Full Version: Brains On A Train
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm working on an idea for a "Fan Expansion" ...

What remains of the town of Timber Peak is once again peaceful ... for now. After the Airstrike, the remaining survivors agreed to maintain a quarantine in case anyone had become infected, however, some of the Townsfolk have boarded the train in an attempt to flee the scene of carnage. Three of the remaining Heroes purchase tickets and follow along to do whatever is necessary to ensure that the infection doesn't spread into any metro areas like Portland or Los Angeles.

[Image: BrainsOnATrain.png]

This board will be split into two sections. These are "Superliner I" cars from the mid 80's. Each car has two levels. Passing between the upper and lower level essentially follows the "Sewer Rules," and the stair spaces in a given cars are considered to be adjacent to one another.

The left section includes the Baggage Coach and Sightseer Lounge cars.

The right section of the board includes the Dining Car and Sleeping Car. Each of these sections is sized to easily fit on an AmTrak or Airline Tray Table.

A limited deck of Hero Cards and Zombie Cards will be specified. (I haven't worked this out yet.) Only two heroes will be active at once (the third hero takes over if one of the others dies.) If there is a second hero death, the hero player is down to only one remaining hero, and the death of this third hero will result in a Zombie Victory. The Zombie Pool consists of only 7 zombies.

"Aisles" are considered outdoor spaces, cannot be searched in, and are designated by a blue background color. Since the Train's walls are made of metal, Zombies cannot pass through walls on this map, and follow the same movement restrictions as the heroes. Zombie Hunger applies only in directions that Zombies are capable of moving. There are a lot of little details I still need to figure out: Random building numbers, "Pick Ups", and possibly some adjustments for working in such a confined space.

Questions? Suggestions?
Fantastic concept! I'd love to see where this ends up. Nice work!
I love the idea of this. How about using the straight sections from Blood in the Forest if you own it?

Maybe have the Victory Condition of blowing up the train (the Heroes sacrifice themselves for the greater good) Very filmic! and awesome.
This looks great! Going to be following this one!
(09-22-2017 06:45 PM)samuraitrev Wrote: [ -> ]I love the idea of this. How about using the straight sections from Blood in the Forest if you own it?

Maybe have the Victory Condition of blowing up the train (the Heroes sacrifice themselves for the greater good) Very filmic! and awesome.

samuraitrev,

That is a brilliant idea. I will go ahead and make a series of Scenarios to go along with this train board, and I'll include blowing up the train in one of them. That sounds like a good task for the section of the route between Oakland and Los Angeles. If the outbreak reaches Los Angeles, I believe we'd all have to start playing Zombicide instead of LNoE :-( jk jk
I like it,I like it a lot.
Reference URL's