TheZombieGame.com Forums

Full Version: [Actual Play] Rage of the Walking Dead
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Rage of the Walking Dead

Starring

Karl, The Soldier

Lucy Hanbrook

Heinrich Cartwright, The Drifter

Harlow Morgan, The Inventor

The Necromancer

Set-up: With strange tales of The Dead rising up and stalking through the town, Karl came at once. Harlow Morgan also answered a summons, quite convinced he could devise a way to resolve this plot. Lucy Hanbrook was attacked by zombies in her own home!…and where there are zombies, there is a Cartwright…and so Heinrich Cartwright arrived in town…

Round 1

First things first: Lucy Hanbrook is being attacked by zombies! Always managing to be in the right place, she tips over tables and shoves serving carts in the way until she trips it up and manages to stab it in the face with a knife! (Lucy’s Lucky ability came in VERY handy in this battle, since Walking Dead only hit on 6s.) Deciding she rather hates being attacked by the dead, she’s setting out to stop it herself!

Karl headed toward the Covered Bridge, with news that Walking Dead were spotted in Echo Lake.

Lucy rushed across the Fields to the Windmill and listened to the Whistling Wind, but could determine nothing from it.

Jake Cartwright arrived at the South Dock and checked around, finding nothing of use…but his resolve to fight grew…(Strength of Will to gain +1 Cunning and making him only 1 shy of getting his full range of attack against The Necromancer).

Harlow Morgan traveled toward Echo Lake with Karl, as an oppressive Fog settled over the land.

The Walking Dead marched from The Inn and Monastery. A strange storm whipped through the land, and Reverend Harding was unaccounted for during it. Walking Dead were spotted at the Blacksmith. The Hour Grew Late, and an oppressive sense of urgency washed over our heroes.

Round 2

Lucy stumbled in the Fog toward town.

Heinrich Cartwright rowed out to the Forgotten Island, where he was attacked by a strange mold! Though it choked him up a bit, it wasn’t very strong and he did destroy it.

As Harlow Morgan arrived at the Crossroads, news broke of a
horrible murder at the Monastery…and the emergence of yet more Walking Dead!

Karl, hearing of the Dead inside Town, immediately turned back through the fog.

More Dead appeared, this time at the Covered Bridge right behind Karl. As Walking Dead arrived at Town Hall, Carrion Crows appeared, swarming the entire town. Crows also swarmed on the South Docks and the surrounding areas.

Round 3:

In the Fog, Cartwright found himself stranded on the Island. An Undead Stalker snuck up on him and attacked! Cartwright took a beating, but managed to finish the Stalker off.

Harlow traveled to the South Docks and shooed away the Crows.
Karl arrived at Town Hall and battled the Walking Dead present. His skill in battle kept him alive as he ended the threat in Town Hall. He shooed away the Crows as well.

Lucy, hearing word that the Dead in town were stopped, returned to the Windmill where she found a Rusty Key.

More crows flittered onto Town Hall, as the Dead stalked as well. (Kinda confused about the Crows here, as they do no displace existing minions, but only one set of Crows could be present at once, so I moved one set of Crows to Town Hall and left the others surrounding and watching). Dead rose at the Church, and after the Necromancer struck at the Crossroads, he left more Dead minions behind. The Necromancer struck again, killing poor Sophie.

Round 4:

Harlow Morgan traveled to the North Docks, where he had quite a productive search. He also found the whereabouts of one Reverend Harding during the mysterious storm: Harding was On The Hunt! Oh, yeah, he’s also a war criminal but he’s pretty much a good guy NOW. Harding was at Town Hall, preparing the defenses against the incoming Dead!

Karl headed to the Doctor’s Office, to get healed.

Lucy traveled to the Fields, where she found a hidden box that the Rusty Key fit! Inside, she found evidence that her own mother was in league with Darkness, evidence which had been hidden by her drunkard father!

Cartwright mysteriously arrived there as well, shooing away crows. He also got healed up. While there he heard tales of Kroft being in league with the Necromancer, but blew those off, citing that Kroft is a ponce, but not an EVIL ponce.

The Dead marched on, some with Crows riding on their shoulders. More appeared, at the Doctor’s office, attacking Karl while Cartwright watched on! Karl fended them off, then sarcastically thanked Cartwright for his “help”. Yet more Dead appeared, this time at the Covered Bridge. The Necromancer’s Veil of Darkness swept over the land.

Round 5:

The crows tried to interfere with Karl as he moved to Town Hall to battle the Dead there. It was a fierce fight, but Karl did prevail.

Lucy wandered in the fog toward the Manor.

Cartwright headed off the Dead at the Magistrate’s office, getting hurt but finishing them off. Cartwright heard the Militia running to Town Hall, as he sharpened his mind at the Magistrate’s office.
Morgan arrived at the Monastery for some quiet reflection…when he found Dr. Harding standing there! Harding and Morgan decided to solidify their alliance and set out to stop this damnable evil!

Morgan, in a surprising twist from a man of science, took an Oath of Devotion to destroy the Necromancer!

The Dead marched, with more appearing at the Abandoned Keep. They marched harder, surprising the injured Karl with their approach! Karl rallied the Militia and Rev. Harding, and they took the Walking Dead down as they approached! Cartwright, injured, fended off an attack of his own. An Undead Stalker emerged on the Forgotten Island.

Round 6:

Lucy Hanbrook arrived at the Church, getting rid of the Crows and praying for strength. She also pinpointed the Necromancer: At the Woods!

Cartwright headed to the Blacksmith’s, eliminated the crows there, and got him a musket.

Harlow Morgan used the secret passage to get from the Monastery to the Manor, but spotted another passage that led to the Blacksmith’s! Morgan purchased the Book of Town Secrets and the Tools of Science, beginning to feel quite prepared to end the Necromancer.

Karl returned to the Doctor’s Office, where he overheard that Kroft’s shady activities have been due to his dalliances with a female outlaw captain outside of town!

The Dead marched and Karl gunned them down at the Doctor’s Office. More Dead appeared at the Bog. A sneak attack from an Undead Stalker left Karl ailing! Harlow Morgan reluctantly sold out Dr. Manning, pragmatically deciding that Kroft and Harding would both be more useful.

Round 7:

Cartwright hunted down and killed the Stalker at the Doctor’s Office. Then he patched himself up.

Morgan arrived at the Church and prayed for guidance…and felt the clarity needed to stop the Necromancer!

Karl was recuperating.

Lucy purchased a Runic Amulet and a Padded Jacket in preparation for war.

The Dead marched on the Town as Karl recovered. He and the Militia defended Town Hall. Shockingly, the Heroes were summoned to the Windmill, where the Necromancer was lurking! Harlow Morgan saw something laying on the ground…a rusty key…Cartwright fired, winging the Necromancer. He lashed back, hurting Cartwright. Morgan used the key and a strange cobbling of items to disrupt the Necromancer’s magic with an eldritch feedback! The Necromancer retaliated by knocking Morgan out! Karl attacked, but the sorcerous powers of the Necromancer were too much for him! However, he was quite capable of sending Lady Hanbrook to the beyond! Lucy had similar problems, and was hit by the Necromancer. A shot from Cartwright woke the Necromancer up, and he failed to hit the drifter. Karl got struck when he failed to hit the Necromancer. Lucy recovered from the earlier assault, and finally struck the Necromancer, though he did strike back. Cartwright thought he was being sneaky, and paid for it. Karl went down next, clearly outmatched. Lucy blasted the Necromancer with a force that shocked him, and he only offered a weak return. Cartwright sneered as he unloaded with full fury (Spirited Attack + Tactical Strike for 12 dice)…this left the Necromancer lingering on the edge of death! The Necromancer ferociously assaulted Cartwright, swearing to see him dead! Cartwright, feeling the Necromancer grab his very heart, spat and said “Least ya won’t be makin’ me undead.” The Necromancer turned, unleashing his full power at Lucy, who allowed the purest divine force to rip through her as well! Both combatants’ essences were ripped apart!

Aftermath: Lord Hanbrook, losing his wife and his daughter, spiraling into a drunken tailspin. Harlow Morgan left town before anyone could connect him to the death of Dr. Manning. Karl, beaten and scarred, gladly left Shadowbrook behind. Kroft and Harding moved to hold the Town together…though the Necromancer was stopped, it was not without a large price.
I haven't got Chaos in the Old World off the Table yet!
and TB is going mulyi-game:P

OD
If it helps, I don't even HAVE Chaos in the Old World...=)
It helps some:P

So I just cleared off CiTOW & got the AToE & SWTWC
boards down.Of course now I can't find my loose-leaf
binder that has my Game Generators & such,it's
Lost & Lurking AGAIN.

This binder is always getting lost:rolleyes:I can pull
it off my my web stuff but still this always happensInsane19
But I want to try a new hero & Villain anyway
so I'll just choose them.

OD
AWESOME account!

If these kinds of game session reports DON"T MAKE YOU WANT TO PLAY ATOE...then your DEAD INSIDE! :P

Well done Tommy!
Reference URL's