TheZombieGame.com Forums

Full Version: Drawing Zombie cards and hand size
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
When you are playing as zombies, does playing a zombie card BEFORE you draw on your turn count towards your card hand?

For example could I play a card before I draw, then draw a card to replace that?
No, I don't think so. The rules state that 'At the beginning of the zombie turn a player draws up to a full hand'.....This is done before any cards can be played.
The rule book states that during the Draw New Zombie Cards phase, the Zombie Player may discard 1 Zombie Card before drawing up to fill their hand.
You can play cards before drawing, and still draw up to a full hand, as Slick quoted.
I've got a question that goes along the lines of this. My Brother thinks that there is a limit to the number of cards a Zombie can play at a certain time. He thinks that a Zombie Master can only play one card at a time, an example that I think would fall into his logic is I have 2 fight cards, and 2 "At the start of a Zombie Turn" cards, I can only play one of those "At the Start" cards.

I searched through the rule book and I didn't find anything that pointed to this, is there something I missed? Could anyone confirm this?
The only limit is that you can only play one Zombie Fight: card per zombie fight.
mqstout Wrote:The only limit is that you can only play one Zombie Fight: card per zombie fight.

So, would that mean that lets say I use "Uuuurrrggghh!" to give my zombies two extra fight dice, I then can't use "Undead Hate The Living" to force them to Re-roll some dice because they are both Fight cards?

Going back to the original question, the rule book states that "The Start of a turn (Zombie or Hero) is before the first model piece is moved." With that, cards that say "At the beginning of the Zombie Turn" can be played at;
1) Move the Sun Track Marker
2) Draw New Zombie Cards
3) Roll to Spawn New Zombies
and just before 4) Move Zombies

So if I have 3 cards that say "At the Start of a Zombie Turn" I can play all 3 of those before drawing new cards and still discard that last one before drawing a full hand.
Your scenario is correct according to the rules. My group is tackling this issue right now (zombies have been winning more than 50% of the time lately). We've decided that the next few times we play we're going to make "discard an unwanted card" occur after drawing rather than before. It'd be immediately after, as well, so you don't have the card for the rest of your turn.
Reference URL's