TheZombieGame.com Forums

Full Version: Resident Evil 2 Boardgame by Steamforged Games
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I completely missed the kickstarter for this but was craving a co-op zombie game, originally I was gonna get Last Night on Earth then I discovered RE2.

The gameplay is good, fighting isn't always an option and running sometimes works instead especially with ammo being so limited.
Does a good job of making you face the threat of potential jump scares when more enemies spawn etc.
Components are a mixed bag, minis are nice but the tiles and counters are too dark, some almost pitch black. I am replacing many of the counters with 3D printed components.
The only other quirk is I find there isn't that much stuff you get for a rather expensive game, I almost feel like the expansions should have been part of the main box for its price.

[Image: resident-evil-1.jpg]
Those Tiles are really dark.When LNoE first came out those Tiles were dark but nothing like these!
I usually feel that most KS Expansions should have been part of the core Game I often feel I've got half a Game.
That & KS Exclusives press my buttons in not a good way.

Anyway let us know how RE-2 plays.

OD
Any word on how this has held up over time, or how it compares to the later versions of the system? I have a friend out of town talking about getting rid of their copy. RE2 is my favorite RE video game aside from RE4 but based on reviews and comments like this about the extremely dark tiles, it sounds like most of the kinks for this game were worked out in the campaigns for the subsequent games in the series.
An old friend offered to sell his copy of this to me prior to listing on eBay and holy Batman the tiles are basically black! I’ve heard the game is good and the minis looked very nice but I decided to just wait on the RE1 kickstarter even tho RE2 is my favorite of the first few games. Tile art is too important to me
Hi Raynor, I'm just asking this as you mentioned the computer games. I played the Resident Evil games on Playstation from 1-4 back in the day. I played the Resident Evil 1 remake and I couldn't get on with it. Are the other remakes better?
Yeah the RE2 remake is absolutely brilliant. I wasn’t ever enamored or even very comfortable with the tank control system from the first 3 games and was generally so bad at it I never beat any of them even though I enjoyed playing. RE2 gives you the old game but completely undated to a modern control scheme + everything else is reimagined too while still delivering as close to the same experience as the devs could manage. RE3 remake is a continuation of this but isn’t as good. It’s still solid, though.

Very much looking forward to the re4 remake on the horizon
(11-08-2022 04:30 PM)Raynor Wrote: [ -> ]Yeah the RE2 remake is absolutely brilliant. I wasn’t ever enamored or even very comfortable with the tank control system from the first 3 games and was generally so bad at it I never beat any of them even though I enjoyed playing. RE2 gives you the old game but completely undated to a modern control scheme + everything else is reimagined too while still delivering as close to the same experience as the devs could manage. RE3 remake is a continuation of this but isn’t as good. It’s still solid, though.

Very much looking forward to the re4 remake on the horizon

Thanks buddy. I'll have to give Res 2 a look.Zombie13
Reference URL's