TheZombieGame.com Forums

Full Version: Arkham Horror 3ed.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
AH is an old Game & I have all the 2nd stuff,which I haven't played in years.
The 3 ed. came out a few years ago I looked at it, didn't like the modular
boards & saw no reason to look further as I have the 2ed. games.

Now in my sunset years I had decided to stop getting Games as I have
too many BUT rpgspree & Sam lured me into a discussion on AH3ed.

Not having it I decided to really look at the Game & found it handled
everything I didn't like about AH2ed.The Scenario system tied the
encounters to the GOO being investigated.It gives a coherent story line
rather than just being a monster bash & the rules in general are streamlined.

So the more I learned about it the more old "Get It" feeling exerted itself.
In checking out where to buy I found the base Game is OoP & the Expansions
are scarce so I found a deal on Amazon for the Base Game & the 2 Expansions

They should be here at the end of next week. In the meanwhile I'm chroming
things up doing Generators for Investigator selection(there are 24) & tying
a backstory into my Wilmarth Foundation I also use for Cthulhu:Death May Die.
(I probably enjoy doing this stuff than actually playing the games.)

My only downer so far is that while the Expansion includes Innsmouth &
Kingsport, Dunwich is not covered.I may try to work up a Template for
Dunwich Module as the Dunwich AH2 Expansion Board & Location Cards
would be a good guide.

Also my favorite Inv. Joe Diamond is not included but then again the
Eldritch Horror Inv. Sheet for him might allow me to use him in AH3ed.
I'll need to play the Game some before doing any "Home" Expansions.

The Modular AH3ed boards do allow for Expansions rather easily to be
plugged into the Game .FFG however seems to be a shadow of its former
self so I'm not sure they will provide additional support beyond what's
already been done.

OD
Guess I really lucked out when I managed to nab the base game on auction for a good price. Might be hard to get the expansions any time soon.
The Base Game came today (a few days earlier than expected) & I've been checking it out.I had pulled out
all my Arkham Horror Inv.figs but find 4 of the Games Inv. which were introduced after FFG stopped the
production of the figs so I'll need to find proxies or just use the stand ups.

I still have all the other AH figs & find that the Eldritch Horror Inv.Sheet are portable to AH3 (looks like I'll
just need to set a Focus limit & perhaps modify some special abilities) So Joe Diamond may walk the streets
of Arkham again!

The 2 Expansions are now due in 2 days.

OD
I've just put together the board for my first Game, The Modular Ties fit together nicely but I'm not
sure how sturdy they are for repeated taking down & putting up, I'll need to be carefull.

I'm playing the recommended 1st Game Approach of Azathoth & still need to set up the various
Card Decks & other tokens. It's not a Game to pull out at the spur of the moment as the set UP
requires some time.

I posted up the background fluff for my Session Report & will continue it as I play the Game.
I'm using Investigators Dexter Drake (Lead),Tommy Muldoon. & Jenny Barnes.

Early Afternoon- Spent the morning popping out Tokens & sorting Cards. I now have the Game set up
according to the Scenario & 3 Inv.figs are waiting at the train station.I'm going to do a detailed read
of the Rulebook for the rest of the afternoon & kick of the Game tomorrow.

OD
(01-26-2021 03:14 PM)Old Dwarf Wrote: [ -> ]I've just put together the board for my first Game, The Modular Ties fit together nicely but I'm not
sure how sturdy they are for repeated taking down & putting up, I'll need to be carefull.

I'm playing the recommended 1st Game Approach of Azathoth & still need to set up the various
Card Decks & other tokens. It's not a Game to pull out at the spur of the moment as the set UP
requires some time.

I posted up the background fluff for my Session Report & will continue it as I play the Game.
I'm using Investigators Dexter Drake (Lead),Tommy Muldoon. & Jenny Barnes.

Early Afternoon- Spent the morning popping out Tokens & sorting Cards. I now have the Game set up
according to the Scenario & 3 Inv.figs are waiting at the train station.I'm going to do a detailed read
of the Rulebook for the rest of the afternoon & kick of the Game tomorrow.

OD

That sounds great OD. I applaud the enthusiasm that is written in every line of this post. I can tell you've got a game that you're really going to get into. We've all had that feeling with a new game/expansion/edition. Enjoy sirWatchmen02
Enjoy I will ,I've posted up my first 2 Turns . I usually make my Session Reports more Story than
Mechanics but for this Game I'ts leaning towards the Mechanics as I'm trying to get all the Rules
down .

The Dead of Night & the Under Dark Waves Expansions arrived today so I should be set for the
Winter.

OD
It's great to know you approve. I think I'll pick this up if I ever finish my AToE project.
Sam,I think you'll like this but I would consider getting the 2 Expansions with the Base Game.
The added Cards/Tiles/Scenarios/Investigators /Monsters give the Game a lot more choices.The 8
Neighborhood Encounter Deck Cards of the Base Game get old quick the Expansions bring
the total to 18per deck.The Scenarios go from 4 to 10.

OD
(01-28-2021 08:53 PM)Old Dwarf Wrote: [ -> ]Sam,I think you'll like this but I would consider getting the 2 Expansions with the Base Game.
The added Cards/Tiles/Scenarios/Investigators /Monsters give the Game a lot more choices.The 8
Neighborhood Encounter Deck Cards of the Base Game get old quick the Expansions bring
the total to 20per deck.The Scenarios go from 4 to 10.

OD

Good to know, thanksZombie17
(01-28-2021 08:53 PM)Old Dwarf Wrote: [ -> ]Sam,I think you'll like this but I would consider getting the 2 Expansions with the Base Game.
the total to 18per deck.The Scenarios go from 4 to 10.

OD

I'll have to see about getting the expansions sooner than later.
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's