TheZombieGame.com Forums

Full Version: The Werewolf Villain and Feral Kin Painted
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi all, well here's the next Villain and his Feral Kin all painted up. I had great fun painting these and I got to experiment with a new painting style I'd read about called zenithal priming. It's a technique that helps to create natural looking shading. At its most basic level you undercoat your figures black then from directly above, spray them white. I took a slightly different approach.
1) Spray the minitures black
2) Spray the miniatures grey (GW Mechanicus Standard Grey in this case) from 45 degrees above.
3) Spray Grey Seer From directly above (2 coats). This is an almost/light grey.
4) Apply contrast all over the model. (Gryph-Charger Grey.)
5) Apply washes
6) Apply Highlights
7) Base

The Villain Werewolf is called Furious Werewolf by a 3D Printing company called White Werewolf Tavern https://www.patreon.com/whitewerewolftavern He cost me £5.99 ($8.22) I made my own base as the original was nothing special.

The Feral Kin are available here The Wonder EmporiumGB https://www.etsy.com/uk/shop/TheWonderEm...y=werewolf These were a bit more pricey coming in at £24 ($32.93) for all 8 miniatures.

Pros and cons of these miniatures:
Pros
28mm scale
thematically perfect
Really dynamic. Look at the muscularity and energy
No building required

Cons:
Don't come with bases
One had a couple of missing fingers (I managed to sculpt new fingers)
quite a bit of cleaning up (mainly snipping off little bits of resin)
costly to buy all 8 (although still cheap compared with other companies such as GW)
Four different sculpts so they're not all individual.

Overall, I would grade these miniatures 4/5.
Conclusion: I love how badass they look you can imagine the power they possess. You can imagine the howling on a moonlit night. The Werewolves tearing off their shirts look like they're just transforming and the process is painful and sending them into a fury. I love the fact the leader is much bigger too. Giving him the Alpha pack leader look. I definitely recommend them.

[attachment=2981]

Please comment or ask any questions you may have.
Many thanks for looking and happy painting!
Sam,as they don't come with bases I presume the scenery on the bases (which is cool) are your doing.
Where did you get the skull from?

OD
(02-08-2021 01:38 PM)Old Dwarf Wrote: [ -> ]Sam,as they don't come with bases I presume the scenery on the bases (which is cool) are your doing.
Where did you get the skull from?

OD

Yes I based these guys with sticks from the garden (that have dried for a long time). Stones from the garden and slate chips I pick up on rambles in the countryside.
The leaves are by a company called Javis Countryside Scenics (Fine Spring Leaves)
The mud is a combination of Stirland Mud and Stirland Battlemire by GW.

The skull was part of the original base.
Reference URL's