TheZombieGame.com Forums

Full Version: Temple Of Chac
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Beings Seth was rather hostile to me in the pyramid Game I thought
I'd try the other Adventures Game The Temple of Chac.The Germans
got the last game to I chose the British for this Game.

I've modified the Game a bit so it's a solo co-op. The difference is
the Mayan Arely Tamay no longer an Adventure but instead a Temple
Guardian AI somewhat like the Mummies in the Pyramid Game except
she steals back Treasure from the Adventures & tries to prevent them
from getting out of the Temple. Here's the background Fluff.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Early November 1934

British Embassy
Guatemala City
Guatemala

Miss Rice, William Baker,come in Maj.Holland has informed me to
be expecting you. I'm Harry Brice the SIS agent (Secret Intelligence Service)
for Central America.Please be seated & please no formality call me Hal.

Well in that case Hal,I'm Bill & this is Lea.So what's the Mission all we
have been told back in London was to pick up our passports & report to you
here in Guatemala?

Sorry guys for all the hush-hush but it's a bit of a delicate situation .
3 months ago Father Grey who runs an Anglican Missionary outpost Clinic up
in the Mirador Basin reported he had discovered an unknown Mayan ruin in the jungle.

He had been out exploring the jungle around his clinic & came across this half buried
Temple.When he returned to his clinic he asked some of the Indian elders if they knew
about the ruin.They told him it was a taboo place sacred to the god Chac lord of rain &
thunder.It was believed to contain many relics of power & an entrance to the underworld.

Of course the good Father's report caught our interest due to the part about the relics of
power.However if we mount a full archeological expedition we would need to get permission
from the Guatemalan government & that's the delicate part. President Ubico is an admirer
of Fasist dictators & he might well tip off the Germans.In any case even if Ubico approved
such an undertaking would be noticed by the Reich's Ahnenerbe.

Thus your Mission is to explore the Temple bring back what artifacts you can & report
on the any so called artifacts of power.Your cover is that your from the Anglican Conference
bringing needed medical supplies to Father Grey's Clinic. We have a truck loaded with the
necessary supplies & you can leave for the North tomorrow.So get some rest the roads
are terrible so you'll need your strength.

Morning Mid November 1934
The ruined temple
Mirador Basin

Well here it is as you can see the jungle pretty much hides the whole structure,I only
discovered it as the Sun was at an angle that cause a beam to shine on a stone block.
Come around this way where I've parted a few vines & exposed what looks like an entrance.

I couldn't do more, if the Indians caught me probing around they accuse me of angering
Chac & he would withhold the rain needed for their crops.Needless to say that would be the
end of my clinic.I've explained your presence by saying your looking for medicinal plants
so if you get in & find artifacts make sure you keep them well hidden.The Indians would
not take kindly to a violation of their sacred temple.Well I be going best of luck.

Thanks Father Grey,we'll be discreet ,Bill looks like the entrance has a ton of rubble
lets get the picks & get started.

Afternoon

Whew..we're through lets get the lanterns & go in.Looks like a short corridor with a
room off to the left......whoa......scrape RUMBLE...CRASH. Lea you OK? The entrance
collapsed !

I'm fine Bill we must have set off some kind of pressure trap that brought down the ceiling
slabs that big crash however was not the ceiling collapse it was deeper in this structure.
But it appears that we're trapped.

Hold it Lea,maybe not ...the air it's fresh not stale like a sealed tomb, there has to be another
way out we're just have to find it.Lets continue the Mission find any artifacts as we look
for a way out.

Lea takes the lead & moves into the large room off the corridor her lantern picks up elaborate
Glyphs covering the walls & floor.She recognizes that there warnings & studies the one carved into the
floor below her.She then moves on & searches picking a gold arm band.

Bill follows her into the room & studies the Glyph at his feet .He then searches & finds another
golden arm band. Continuing to search he picks up a small stone statue.

Both Adventures notice that the Temple is dead silent whatever was the crashing noise seems to have
stopped.

Bill & Lea puzzle over the Glyphs they represent danger but to or for what is a mystery

Bill studies the Glyph he has moved onto & moves on to the next Glyph studies it & moves
again to study a new Glyph.They are all different but are all Mayan danger signs.

Lea is determined that the Glyphs have a deeper meaning & moves to carefully studies the 3 Glyphs
she over looked. Like Bill she comes up empty but can't help feeling that they are important.

Suddenly with a groan the walls of the room begin to close in & a loud scraping sound of stone on
stone is heard.

Bill shouts the room is trapped ,get out & runs out of the room into a grooved corridor. Remembering
the big crash sounded off to his left he turns right & goes down the corridor.

Lea feeling the danger sprints after Bill down the corridor .

The walls of the Glyph room remain stationary but a faint grinding noise is heard coming from the
grooved corridor behind them.

Lea moves past Bill & turns a corner & notices an alcove shuttered by lattice work.

Bill catches up with Lea & she points the alcove. He forces open the lattice work & pulls out
a small jade figure.

A groaning sound indicates that the wall of the Glyph room has moved but before the Adventures
can feel relief of escaping the room trap the ominous grinding sound becomes louder up the grooved
corridor.

Lea steps off the corridor & into a large room which floor is covered with a series of tile Glyphs.
The room is almost unbearably hot.She notices that some of the Glyphs seem to be the same as the danger
Glyphs her & Bill deciphered in the Glyph room before the wall trap activated.She shouts that information
back to Bill & then struggles to remember which Glyphs were dangerous but decides the one in front of her
is safe & steps on to it CRACK the tile breaks sending Lea to death in the hot lava below.
He final thought is of England.

Bill responding to Lea's cry of terror moves into the room & sees the hole & the boiling lava .He is stunned
by his partners sudden fate but thinks of their Mission & how Lea would want him to carry on.He figures
the such horrible traps must protect treasure. Looking at the floor tile he doesn't remember from the Glyph
room he moves to it & it holds. Searching the tile he finds gold jewelry

A thud sounds as the walls in the Glyph room slam together flowed by a a loud but brief grinding sound.

Bill carefully moves to the next tile it's solid searching he finds a small idol. Gaining confidence
he moves to the next tile CRACK it breaks sending Bill to a fiery death .His last thought is Oh Shit!

The week of the full moon, Arely Tamay the sacred virgin who is the guardian of the temple discovers the
violation of the temple. She discovers the interlopers fate & returns to her village to recruit
men to reset the traps & replace the stolen treasures. The rituals are performed to appease Chac
& the temple once again blends into the jungle.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I guess Chac likes me no better then Seth.So both of my Adventures were killed off (sorry Brits).
The Game has a mechanic where if you decipher the Glyphs in the Glyph Room you get a brief look at
the danger glyphs but then you need to remember what they look like when you see them among the
14 Glyphs in the Lava room floor. Although my Adventures had deciphered all Danger Glyphs I obviously
didn't remember them all that well.

Both the Temple & the Pyramid Games which I played for the first time I liked.They take under an hour
including set up.Although they share the same mechanics & Game phases they have a different feel (IMO)
due how the encounters are handled.They fit right in to the 30's Pulp world.
Reference URL's