TheZombieGame.com Forums

Full Version: The Spectral Horseman Villain painted
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi all,
I finally got around to this figure after finishing another project. This is a model I can use as the Spectral Horseman Villain.

The Villain Headless Horseman is by a 3D Printing company called Heroes & Beasts Miniatures. He cost me £9.60 ($13.31) I made my own base as the original was nothing special and too small. I had to pin one back leg to the base otherwise it wouldn't last long. I also had to clean it up a bit with a file and knife. Furthermore, I had to straighten the horses front legs with boiling water/freezing water dipping as they were bent at an unnatural angle.

Pros and cons of this miniature:
Pros
28mm scale
thematically perfect
No building required.
Good sculpt with lots of energy

Cons:
Base not fit for purpose.
Has to be pinned
quite a bit of cleaning up

Overall, I would grade this miniature 3/5.
Conclusion:
This could easily have been a 4 or 5 but I've got to mark it down for the amount of work needed to base it. That been said, it's perfect for the Spectral Horseman Villain and I'm looking forward to using it in my games. Perhaps it would have been better rearing up higher but I'm still happy with it.
[attachment=2985]

Thanks for taking a look. Comments and/or questions are always very welcomeWatchmen02
I hope the Young Lady turns around in time.

OD
Sorry, she's done for OD, she just doesn't know how dead she is yet.
(03-23-2021 01:02 AM)Old Dwarf Wrote: [ -> ]I hope the Young Lady turns around in time.

OD

I would like to say that she turned around at the last second and managed to dodge, then escape...

(03-23-2021 02:49 PM)BigDumbYak Wrote: [ -> ]Sorry, she's done for OD, she just doesn't know how dead she is yet.

If it's any consolation, it was a quick albeit bloody death.Zombie13

Thanks for looking and commenting. I'm just working on some Minions for this Villain today. I'll post some pictures later this week.
Sam-I need you to come across the pond (I've had my shots) & spend around a month on my painting backlog.
Looking forward to seeing the minions.

OD
(03-23-2021 01:02 AM)Old Dwarf Wrote: [ -> ]I hope the Young Lady turns around in time.

OD

Dying is not anything Lilianna has to worry about anymore. It was up to Argot Blackwell to explain to her that she died previously along with her lost colony, which he did as she sought her vengeance upon the villain.
Outstanding work as usual Trev! Enjoying following this painting project.
(03-24-2021 10:56 AM)Old Dwarf Wrote: [ -> ]Sam-I need you to come across the pond (I've had my shots) & spend around a month on my painting backlog.

OD

I think your backlog would need teams of workers working 24 hour shifts for several months just to make a dent!Zombie17

(03-26-2021 01:17 PM)Pfr_Fate Wrote: [ -> ]

OD

Dying is not anything Lilianna has to worry about anymore. It was up to Argot Blackwell to explain to her that she died previously along with her lost colony, which he did as she sought her vengeance upon the villain.

Hmm... good angle.

(03-28-2021 08:42 AM)Achtung Panzer Wrote: [ -> ]Outstanding work as usual Trev! Enjoying following this painting project.

Thanks AchtungWatchmen02. I've finished all the Spectral Horseman minions now.
(03-28-2021 07:39 PM)samuraitrev Wrote: [ -> ][quote='Old Dwarf' pid='54363' dateline='1616579786']
Sam-I need you to come across the pond (I've had my shots) & spend around a month on my painting backlog.
OD

I think your backlog would need teams of workers working 24 hour shifts for several months just to make a dent!Zombie17

Damn True Zombie12

OD
Reference URL's