TheZombieGame.com Forums

Full Version: Ghost Soldier Minions Painted
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello again folks,
I wanted to get straight into these as I wanted to finish the Spectral Horseman and all his Minions before the end of the month. They're actually Minions for the Shadow Witch Villain too so there's 2 opportunities to use them.

These soldiers are from a company called Perry Miniatures https://www.perry-miniatures.com/. However I bought these from Ebay as I didn't want to pay for a boxed set. They cost me £7.20 ($9.93) for 3 sprues of figures (15 figures in total worked out at 48p ($0.66) per figure. Some research was necessary to find out the correct time period and army so I narrowed it down to the Continental Army would suit the time period (1775-1783). I'm sure there are other units I could have used but I thought these would be good enough.

I used a simple technique to paint these: white undercoat - Aethermatic Blue contrast paint - 1st drybrush Ulthuan Grey - 2nd Drybrush White Scar

[attachment=2986]
[attachment=2987]

Pros and cons of these miniatures:
Pros

Great value
28mm scale
thematically acceptable
chronologically suitable
pretty good detail
authentic uniforms (I believe)

Cons:
I would have liked more combinations of parts to make more poses.

Overall, I would grade these miniatures as 4/5.
Conclusion:
Hopefully, I pulled this off and got myself some convincing looking ghost soldiers. I didn't want to pay much and I wanted them done quick which I think I achieved. I think these will look pretty sweet walking over the town of Shadowbrook and I'm looking forward to using them.

As always, thanks for looking and please commentWatchmen02
WoW- I think you caught the ultimate Ghost thing.I use a mix of h20 & Green wash for my ghosts but
I like your look better.

OD
(03-30-2021 11:31 AM)Old Dwarf Wrote: [ -> ]WoW- I think you caught the ultimate Ghost thing.I use a mix of h20 & Green wash for my ghosts but
I like your look better.

OD

Thanks OD. I was going out on a limb with this one as I couldn't find any colour schemes that I liked. Plus, I wanted to use a technique that was simple and effective.
Well whatever you did it worked!
Reference URL's