TheZombieGame.com Forums

Full Version: Painted Barghest Hound Minions for The Spectral Horseman
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi all, I'm back again in record time,

These figures are actually Dire Wolves by Games Workshophttps://www.games-workshop.com/en-GB/Vampire-Counts-Dire-Wolves. They retail at £15.50 ($21.38). However, I bought these second hand many years ago from someone who was selling their Death army so I bought a job lot. I can't remember what I paid for them. There were 10 figures that were painted basically so I thought I'd give them a bit of a facelift. I didn't have to spend much time on them. Just an all over drybrush of Screaming Skull as they were really flat. I also improved the bases. I could have painted them like ghosts but I wanted to be able use them for my Age of Sigmar battles too.
[attachment=2988]
[attachment=2989]
Pros and cons of these miniatures:
Pros
Gross looking and definitely dead

Cons:
Not ghosts
Too big really
They come in two halves and the join is straight down the middle of their heads (not ideal and a surprising choice in model design).

Overall, I would grade these miniatures as 3/5.
Conclusion:
I think they're ok and I will use them for my games. Finding models that would suit ghost hounds for a cheap price wasn't going to be easy. Plus, I already had these figures laying around so I thought I'd get them used.

As always, thanks for looking and please commentWatchmen02
As always "youse de paint man".nice dry brushing & the bases are fantastic. I love to find uses for figs to repurpose.

OD
Reference URL's