TheZombieGame.com Forums

Full Version: Zombicide dark side to GoW
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I like COMON Games there very Solo Friendly but they do a rather crappy
job of having a backstory which I personally need to get into a Game.
Thus I put Dark Side into the Gears of War World which has a ton of Backstory.

The following modifications to COMON Dark Side Game allow it to be used in the Gears of War Game World.

The Games' Background is the Planet Sera 14 years after Emergence when the Coalition of Ordered Governments(COG) realized
that a new type of Locus is being encountered "Lambents" or Glowies. These new Locus are so dangerous that the COG hopes to
keep their existence a secret from the general population. The elite Onyx Guard has been assigned the mission to deal with these
Lambents.

The Lambents appear to be bestial monsters but they are intelligent and are attacking COG Research Facilities & Imulsion Mining
Platforms to destroy the COG's efforts to develop effective weapons & stop research into stopping the Imulsion Virus . Onyx Guard
Squads have been assigned to these underground instillations and civilian workers have been evacuated until the Lambent threat can
be eliminated.

Terms: To convert Dark Side to Gears of War the following modifications are made:

-Green Squad-is now a Unit of the Onyx Guard (as the Onyx Guard used colors for Squad identify it fits)

-Xenium-is now Imulsion

-Xenos-are now Lambents/Glowies however the names of the individual types are as per Dark Side (to avoid confusion)

-The Game Tiles of Darkside represent underground Research Facilities

-The Game Tiles of Black-Ops represent Imulsion Mining Platforms,the
outside Zones are considered lighted Storage Areas.They are empty & can't
be searched.

Modifications to number of Survivors:

-Each Mission the Survivors represent a 3 man Fire Team led by a Corporal

Rules for less than 6 Survivors

-Each turn, roll a die for each spawn zone. If the result is above
the number of characters, don't spawn there this turn.

-Objectives- Missions objectives are reduced randomly to equal the number of Survivors

Civilians- 1 Xenobotanist Civilian may be added to the Mission (if Mission has Civilians randomly choose 1)
or to any Mission by rolling d6 & getting a 6 you get Miles a trapped Miner..

Search Drones-are limited to 1 per Fire Team

Spawn Zone Pits Clarification-if a Span Zone Pit is destroyed it closed & seals the Spawn when the d6 roll
is made to determine which Spawn Zones are active subtract -1 from the roll.If the Spawn roll is active
open the Pit Token & Spawn as usual.

All other Dark Side Rules are as is unless modified above.

OD
VERY cool ideas. I love Gears of War and Zombicide so this is neat mashup.

I wasn't much paying attention to Kickstarter when Zombicide invader passed through, so I missed it. Been keeping an eye out for base copies of the game for a while. Having a hard time bringing myself to pay full or close to full price for it because I already backed Western Zombicide AND I have Project Elite, which is very popular with my family and takes a lot the Sci-Fi headspace. I hadn't been considering Dark Side at all... but I'm suddenly VERY intrigued.

I think there's an actual Gear of War game from Fantasy Flight from some years back that you could hunt down the minis for. I know a friend that is getting rid of it. I wonder what they'd want..... hmmm
I have FFG GoW (3 copies to be exact) I bought the extra copies so I could convert some of the Locus to different
types I also converted some of the Clik figs .

I got Darkside as the Aliens aren't armed & the underground setting fits the Lambents.

OD
(04-13-2021 11:30 AM)Old Dwarf Wrote: [ -> ]I have FFG GoW (3 copies to be exact) I bought the extra copies so I could convert some of the Locus to different
types I also converted some of the Clik figs .

I got Darkside as the Aliens aren't armed & the underground setting fits the Lambents.

OD
Well shoot! hahahahahahah You're way ahead of the curve. That sounds like an awesome set up
Reference URL's