TheZombieGame.com Forums

Full Version: First Player Marker and Cursed Gold!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi all, as you may be aware I like to add as much as I can to my games and these two additions are no exception.

Normally, you have to use the large white carboard token with the Flying Frog logo on there as the 1st player token. I find the token not thematic enough for me so what better than an ornate magnifying glass in a game all about investigation? Now the first player token makes sense and I can't wait to try it out. I bought it from a rather well known online auction site for £5.99 ($8.32). I'm sure this could be used in other games too such as Mansions of Madness or Arkham Horror etc.
[attachment=2997]

Next up we have some pirate gold and silver coins. I will replace the Cursed Gold card tokens for the gold coins and think they will work great. You get 100 coins and I will use these in other games such as Descent. They look and feel great and they even come with the coin pouch. These cost me £20.99 ($29.14) from a delivery site that is also a river.
[attachment=2998]

Thanks for taking a look and happy gamingWatchmen02
Nice finds. Are the coins metal or plastic?

As a mostly Solo player the 1st player tokens aren't really necessary but they do help in Games
where the 1st player rotates as I tend to play in short bursts of 20-40 minutes & leave the
Game set up for several days.

In Lovecraft Mythos Games I use the Lovecraft statue from Cthulhu Wars as my 1st player token.

OD
(06-29-2021 11:48 AM)Old Dwarf Wrote: [ -> ]Nice finds. Are the coins metal or plastic?

As a mostly Solo player the 1st player tokens aren't really necessary but they do help in Games
where the 1st player rotates as I tend to play in short bursts of 20-40 minutes & leave the
Game set up for several days.

In Lovecraft Mythos Games I use the Lovecraft statue from Cthulhu Wars as my 1st player token.

OD

The coins are metal.
How delightful! This is a great idea! I'd bet this absolutely elevates the game experience considerably. <3

Classy
Reference URL's